Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I was not aware of that format, that is truly panoramic.

Thanks
I think anyone wanting that wide, narrow and on film could put a mask on a 4x5 view camera and use an UWA lens. Much cheaper and available, I suspect.

01-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
think anyone wanting that wide, narrow and on film could put a mask on a 4x5 view camera and use an UWA lens.
that would be one way of doing it, though personally I have used the 6X23 format option on the Gilde, and you have to use an 8X10 lens for it. 4X5 lenses can't cut it they vignette rather badly without a centre ND which makes it harder to focus the set up. Using an 8X10 format lens eliminates the issue - though I just had an interesting thought, it would be a real scream to use a 60mm Goerz hypergon on a wide field panoramic camera.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, ff, lens, medium, pentax help, photography, questions about medium, troubleshooting