Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #1

Pentax 67 TTL Light meter problem

Yep I figure out what is the problem with the TTL light meter for Pentax 67.

If you see the second pic, you will know that the lens lever have two parts. The small part of that is use for TTL light meter. When I push the small part only, the TTL light meter worked.

Let's see the first pic. That hole is used for holding lens. But problem is that whole is empty. So the lens lever for TTL light meter can not be work at all. The small part has to be pressed. But since that whole is empty, the small part of level can't be pressed. I really want kick Pentax so much for that. How am I going to solve that tiny problem tho?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
01-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

This is not a new problem with the 67. There have been some machining errors with the pins, where they were a bit too short and not activating the TTL. This has been more of a problem when using the outer bay lenses tho. You could try adding a tiny drop of epoxy to the tip of the pin to see if that bit of extension will activate the meter. Maybe put a tiny piece of metal over the epoxy.