Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #16
bmw

Photos: Albums
I followed the advice to use Adobe Labs DNG Profile Editor and that worked. Yay!

So I have a solution at least, and we'll see in what decade X-Rite pulls their thumbs from their asses and fixes their PoS software.

09-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hasselblad goes around useless X-rite software

Just been brought to my attention that Hasselblad have brought the X-rite colorchecker passport process into their Phocus software.

Phocus 2.9 Colour Calibration - Hasselblad

I guess the X-rite software doesn't work for their large files, just like it doesn't for the 645z.
02-27-2016, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by rob8888 Quote
X-Rite still have no interest fixing the known memory problem with Color Checker & large files. This is disappointing from a company I've supported over the years.

They're selling a product that is not fit for purpose with larger file cameras. Will be interesting to see what happens when the new 50MP Canon cameras come online and hit this problem.

This email just arrived from X-Rite (11 Feb 2015):

--------------------------------

back in 10 Sept 2014 they replied
The updated version of ColorChecker Camera Calibration can be downloaded here now supports DNG files >40MB and works with the 645Z.

I tried it on a test shot, saved (on Mac) the .dcp file to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Camera Profiles/

Works.