Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2015, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #1

645Z - wildlife on the Falkland Islands

Hello to everybody,
I just finished my blog including some thoughts about the 645Z for wildlife locations like the Falkland Islands. It might be interesting for people who are working in similar locations.

The equipment section is in the middle of the blog, you can skip the rest, if you want.

Have fun

NATURBILDPORTAL: Falkland Islands, Austral Summer 2015

right now I am in the iclandic winter and use the DA 28-45 constantly, again in very hard conditions. My blog with more thoughts about this lens will be published end of March, when I will be back

Martin

02-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting and very nice work. I also very much appreciated your gear comments at the end, especially those related to Pentax service.

Steve
02-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Thanks a lot indeed for sharing that link to interesting insights about using the 645Z on those windswept islands and the beautiful photography resulting from it.

Wonder how the K-3 would have stacked up against the 7D Mk II for the longer telephoto shots. Presumably, you would have lost some tracking AF snappiness, but won quite a bit of dynamic range and even a bit of resolution, if you had brought the former.

Well, ifs and buts. Obviously, at the end of the day, it's the photography that counts.