Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #1

New Huelight Profiles Updagte

Colin just mailed out an updated set of profiles, which I assume he's sent to all those who've download the 645z set.

I was quite happy with the version "55" Huelight profiles and the new ones are I'm sure even better. Worth a look if you're a "z" user and not thrilled with Adobe's offerings.

His site is colorfidelity.com for those who are interested.

Cheers,

- N.

03-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #2

Just tried them and they are improved + much better than Adobe and the Embedded profiles. You can check out Colin's profiles here. Huelight Pentax Camera Profiles
03-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well I liked the first ones he made, found them to give my landscape shots the required kick that they need.

Will post back once I test the new profiles.
03-15-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I prefer the new ones too. Reds are less pink now. So even better for sunsets

03-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

I've been using Colin's Z and D profiles, and like them over the Adobe Standard ones. Just received his newly updated ones for the Z but haven't tested them yet... looking forward to having some time to develop some new photos.
04-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #6

I installed the new ones, but left the old ones in place.
The reds seem better now but there is a problem with the greens in their tonality.
It almost seems like a certain range of hue is pushed to much in lightness.
With my latest forest pictures I switched back to the embedded profile for most of the images, because I felt that the profiles gave me a strange feeling about the tonality. Gonna try to post a pic later on.
04-03-2015, 04:03 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Gonzo Quote
I installed the new ones, but left the old ones in place.
The reds seem better now but there is a problem with the greens in their tonality.
It almost seems like a certain range of hue is pushed to much in lightness.
With my latest forest pictures I switched back to the embedded profile for most of the images, because I felt that the profiles gave me a strange feeling about the tonality. Gonna try to post a pic later on.
Id love to know what you think of the Huelight Profiles and skin/portraits, all I ever see is people talking about them for landscapes.

04-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #8

Original Poster
I like them for portraits. The low sat in particular. I agree profiles matter more there than in landscape.
04-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #9

I'd love to see samples of Adobe Standard vs. Embedded vs. Huelight
04-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
Forum Member

Huelight are the way to go a.t.m. very filmlike look with good skintones(low).
unfortunately I have not found a way to get them into Iridient Developer, and Photo Ninja doesn't let me profile the Z. neither does colorchecker passport.
the money he asks is very reasonable and results are great.
cheers from NZ
Stephan
04-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #11

(thanks for the reply ndevlin, purchasing them this week, ill see how they compare to using my own made ones using the Gretagmacbeth/x-rite color checker profiles).
04-05-2015, 01:29 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Someone on other forums asked for some Z profiles for acr so I uploaded some to my site if anyone is interested you can DL
http://isfphotography.com/downloads/PENTAX645ZUntitledRecipe.dcp
This one was made for outdoor natural lighting
04-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #13

On so many recommendations I decided to part with the horrendously large sum of money for these profiles. I typically under expose by half a stop but have found that that is now not necessary as the Huelight profiles seem to really hit the mark.

One quick question, how do I get one of them to be the standard import profile? It seems to revert to Adobe Standard.
04-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #14
Forum Member

two ways...
you can either select one of the profiles and your favourite settings, that you usually apply to files and go to develop module>develop>set default settings.
this is then only for the particular ISO the files have been shoot with.
or you make a develop preset on the right hand side of the developmodule, save it and select and apply it in your import settings dialog.
this for all ISOs
hope that helps
cheers
Stephan
04-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
Someone on other forums asked for some Z profiles for acr so I uploaded some to my site if anyone is interested you can DL
http://isfphotography.com/downloads/PENTAX645ZUntitledRecipe.dcp
This one was made for outdoor natural lighting
Ian,

I downloaded and tried your profile. Great work! I think this may be my new default. Thanks!

John