Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

unable to profile 645Z

Hi all,
since I am not totally happy with the adobe and the embedded profile for the Z, I've tried to profile it using the colorchecker passport.
unfortunately this does not seem to work.
error message everytime about not finding the target/unable to profile/target too small.
now it finds the target allright, but no amount of tweaking the selection and no size seems to do it.
even tried to shoot a PEF file and convert it to DNG via LR.
no luck.
now I've ordered the hue profile that was recommended somewhere on the forum and will see what that does.
still would like to be able to do this for different lightsources.
any ideas ?
cheers from NZ
Stephan

Attached Images

03-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless it's the angle of the image, perhaps the filesize is breaking the software?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #3

Hello Zobeleye

Unfortunately it seems the colourchecker just does not like the 645Z at all.
There has been another thread on this previously as well, not sure if there was any actual solution.

I have never been able to get the colourchecker program to autodetect the patches when I drag in a dng file.
At best I had to manually drag the crop marks over the image to get a profile made. But as of late I cannot even get it to do that as the program just crashes everytime.
It should be noted that it works perfectly with my other cameras.

I do not have another shoot lined up that requires the Z until the end of next month, before then I was going to try out the DataColor SpyderCheckr instead and see if I have any success with that.

Cheers
03-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Adam,
that could be a reason.maybe I'll contact xrite support and check with them.
still strange that it would find the target and then not let me profile it.since it has opened the file and uses only the target area for profiling.

thanks for your answer

03-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

This is a known problem raised before in this part of the forum:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/288379-x-rite-col...ppointing.html
03-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
ok...
just got the same reply from customer support. no timeline for fix.
'til then I'll try to create one as proposed.
thanks for all your help.
cheers
Stephan
03-16-2015, 03:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I got mine to work after a few tries, I cant remember which way I got it to work but it did.

I am running a new 6-core Mac pro with 64gb ram though, but that should not have too much of a difference.