Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #1

645z problems on updating firmware 1.20

I've just acquired the Pentax 645z and found that it is running on Firmware version 1.00. Obviously i would like to update the firmware to the latest version, and gave it a try. Here's what i did
  • Downloaded the firmware ver 1.20 to my laptop (Mac)
  • Extracted the bin file
  • Formatted a SanDisk 32Gb Extreme Pro SD Card in the camera
  • Copied the bin file to the root directory of the SD Card
  • Ejected the card from the laptop
  • Turned the camera off
  • entered the SD card into slot 1 (the manual said that only slot 1 will be able to read the firmware)
  • turn the camera on
  • ..... and then nothing happened
I have now tried with several other SanDisk SD cards - older and newer cards and same result every time - nothing happens.

Have anyone else had the same issue and found a resolution? Any clue or help would be highly appreciated.

My thanks

Nils Olsson
a very happy owner of the Pentax 645z

03-16-2015, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did you hold down the menu button when you turned it back on? You need to do that.
03-16-2015, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Did you hold down the menu button when you turned it back on? You need to do that.
I didn't, wasn't aware of it. Just tried it, and right now the camera is updating. Thank you very much for your help :-)