Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2015, 06:14 AM   #1

Batch Process for RAW to JPG at DCU-5 ?

I am new with Pentax 645Z and the RAW processing software of Pentax - Digital Camera Utility 5, are there a way to do batch processing for converting the RAW files to JPG files? For example, I took several hundred of stage performance photos, as lighting are changing fast in a stage performance, so I took RAW+, then I use the extra JPG files to select about 200s ( the computer read JPG files fast) to fine tuning the exposure in RAW, then would like to convert all these into JPG for going further to PS for further touch-up, but I cannot find there is any batch processing function in the DCU-5, so does it means I have to do the conversion 1 by 1?

In Canon DPP, I will do the RAW tuning, then select all those files and let DPP do the batch convertion while I sleep, as it may take many hours for the convert process if there are several hundred of photos to convert.

04-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

try pixillion, it's cheap and batch converts.
04-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bull drinkwater Quote
try pixillion, it's cheap and batch converts.
Can " Pixillion" able to read the Pentax RAW? At present, I can only LightRoom to do both read/adjust Pentax RAW and batch convert.
04-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
Forum Member

According to the help file:
Processes two or more selected images and saves them in a batch operation.

(1) In the Image List, select multiple images to process.
(2) Select [Process Multiple Files] on the [File] menu. →The [Process Multiple Files] dialog appears.
(3) Specify [Destination Folder].
(4) Specify [Saved File Name].
(5) Select the file format.
Select from [JPEG], [TIFF-8bit], or [TIFF-16bit].
[Compression Ratio] can also be changed when the file format is set to [JPEG].
(6) Click [Save].