Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Forum Member

645Z - blinkies gone and not coming back?

Hi all,

very weird.
I am in M and LV. settings saved as U3.with highlight alert ticked. my usual setup.
now this happened a few times already. I had adjusted Exp til the blinkies come up, went back 1/3 or 2/3 and the blinkies went and I made my exposure.
checked file in LR or Iridient. usually fine.
now today I do the same and I get no blinkies anymore, not even with exp all the way up to 2 seconds...
can't make them come back. switched cam on/off, checked the saved setting, saved it again, pulled battery, all to no avail.
happened a couple of times before in the field, but they came back after on/off.
considering a reset of the cam but since I then have to reprogramm all my saved settings/buttons etc. I'm a bit reluctant.

anybody seen this before ?
😡

Stephan

03-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try putting the camera in a different shooting mode (non-user), head to the live view menu to enable the shadow/highlight alert, and see if the blinkies come back. If so, this would suggest that the setting hasn't properly been saved in your U3 preset.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
seems like the blinkies are dependent on the overall brightness of the scene in the viewfinder. so I am in M, right?
if I point the camera towards something darker without changing the exposure the blinkies reappear in the bright parts, if I go back to the original composition, they disappear again.
so there's some automatic adjustment happening although I am in Manual Mode!!!

Adam, I have already saved settings again and again, suspecting something likes this, but no luck so far...
��
03-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
as you can see here, pointing the cam down shows the blinkies, pointing it back up makes them disappear, all with the same exposure.

Attached Images