Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2015, 04:56 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having had my *ist repaired under Henry's in house warranty.. 3 weeks before the warranty expired 3 years later, I'd give their extended warranty some thought.. and I'd also recommend picking up the phone and calling them. They have a pro services department to expedite big ticket sales, they'll look after you real good. They also have a policy of hiring working pros who's businesses are not as profitable as they like. They have some wet behind the ears newbies like everyone else, but you have a chance of talking to some solid people who have been in the business for 30 years or more.

04-02-2015, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #17

You Yanks should be all over the low Canadian dollar! The best camerastore in Canada is The Camerastore in Calgary, bar none. Their Youtube channel is hilarious and they will take care of you well.

Pentax Canada also has the best rep in the business (Bill Gouge) and very nice folks at head office.

I know of at least one chap in NY who bought through TCS and was very happy.

- N.

ps. if you want a direct intro to the managing director, drop me a PM.
04-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #18

Well, If you live in the US try Popflash Photo and talk to Alex. He confirmed a couple of days ago that they have 645Z bodies in stock. Tell him Lou suggested you call. They have excellent pricing on the 645Z body. Remember if you buy a US model, Pentax will honor you sending body in for even sensor cleaning for up to 2 years instead of the one year elsewhere. Cannot confirm if Canada included or not.

I am not affiliated with Popflash photo in any way, shape or form, although I have spent money with them. PM me if more info wanted.
04-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #19

Original Poster
Just wanted to update -

I ordered on Wednesday afternoon, the order shipped on Thursday, and I received it about 48 hours later, no problem or delays anywhere.

I'm in NYC and shipping here is usually pretty fast, but that was far faster than I expected, since the Canada Post website was estimating a delivery time of 1 week.

Currently charging the battery and reading the manual and will get out shooting tomorrow, most likely.

Thanks for the help everyone!

04-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations, and enjoy! Looking forward to some images!
04-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

If you don't mind; what did you pay for shipping & insurance and was there any taxes & duty you had to pay on arrival in NY? I assume you got the 25% currency discount on the Canadian side payments .
I ship quite often to a parcel pickup service just across the border in the US to avoid the Brokerage and Duty scam that Ebay has going. When I bring it across they don't bother at all with any thing under $100 and even higher on some occasions if my wife is with me. Some times I'll even have Canadian shipments sent there in that $ range to avoid the 13% HST and Pick up a tankful of gas $.25 a liter cheaper besides its a lovely drive!
04-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
If you don't mind; what did you pay for shipping & insurance and was there any taxes & duty you had to pay on arrival in NY? I assume you got the 25% currency discount on the Canadian side payments .
I ship quite often to a parcel pickup service just across the border in the US to avoid the Brokerage and Duty scam that Ebay has going. When I bring it across they don't bother at all with any thing under $100 and even higher on some occasions if my wife is with me. Some times I'll even have Canadian shipments sent there in that $ range to avoid the 13% HST and Pick up a tankful of gas $.25 a liter cheaper besides its a lovely drive!
Canada Xpresspost shipping was something like $15 CAD and there were no taxes, duties, or any other fees.

The currency conversion was accurate with no price adjustment, and the final bill was around $7150 USD.