Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #1

Unable to use embedded profile in LR - 645Z

Having read that the Adobe profile in LR is not good enough and one should try to use the embedded profile in the RAW image, I tried to do this. However, when I click on the profile button in 'Camera Calibration' tab in LR, there is nothing other than 'Adobe Standard'.

I tried using both the DNG and the PEF versions of the RAW, no difference. I also updated the ACR in photoshop to version 8.8 that was just released and opened the file in CC 2014, still nothing.

However, when I open my Canon or Sony files, there are other profiles (like Camera Vivid and so on) visible in the drop down menu, although none are 'embedded'.

Is there something simple I am missing?

Thanks for your help.

Pradeep

04-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

are you on 5.7?
I didn't have to do anything for it to come up.
just saying
04-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #3

I've literally just gone through this angst as I bought the Huelight profiles. The bad news is that I have little idea what I did right to get them back!

Try this.

1. Are you viewing RAW files, dng's should be visible?
2. Did you restart LR?
3. Finally, here's what I did right....I think. Not sure if you had to load profiles but the correct folder is usually not visible so you have to unhide the folder. Let me know if this applies and I'll see if I can find the file path.
04-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
yes, I tried with both RAW and DNG
Yes, Started LR, even changed the settings in preferences to store/unstore presets locally.
The profiles are supposed to be in the user/library/applicationsupport/adobe/camera raw/camera profiles. There is nothing there, despite updating the ACR to v8.8

I have the same issue both on my laptop and the desktop versions of LR. It is the latest 5.7.1

04-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for raising this. It is an interesting topic that I would like to know more of.

I have just had a look at my version of lightroon 5.7 and like Primus, all I can find in Camera Calibration is Adobe Standard. If I go to C: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\ The only options are Pentax K-7, K-10D, K-20D and K-200D If I open any of these this up all I see are the respective Pentax K-7, 10D, 20D, 200D Camera Standard.dcp.

My questions are many but for a start:

How do I obtain profiles for the other Pentax K-7 Settings, Landscape, Vivid etc?
How do I obtain the other Pentax Camera types, Ie K5 IIs?
How do I get Lightroom to see these profiles?
How can I use them?

Thanks again to Primus for raising this, I hope we all can learn something.
04-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Primus Quote
Having read that the Adobe profile in LR is not good enough and one should try to use the embedded profile in the RAW image, I tried to do this. However, when I click on the profile button in 'Camera Calibration' tab in LR, there is nothing other than 'Adobe Standard'.

I tried using both the DNG and the PEF versions of the RAW, no difference. I also updated the ACR in photoshop to version 8.8 that was just released and opened the file in CC 2014, still nothing.

However, when I open my Canon or Sony files, there are other profiles (like Camera Vivid and so on) visible in the drop down menu, although none are 'embedded'.

Is there something simple I am missing?

Thanks for your help.

Pradeep
Hello Primus

Please see the screen shot from Lightroom in the below DropBox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj8ttye4wx159t4/LR_embedded.jpg?dl=0
From what you are saying when you hit that drop down menu there is no "embedded" option to select?

Very odd this has always been there for me as long as i shoot my raw files in .DNG format I just go <camera calibration> hit the dropdown for <profile> and I can choose, adobe standard, embedded and my own custom profiles.
Same for Photoshop which is what I normally use. ACR has always worked fine for me.

Sorry not the most helpful of posts but just letting you know it shoud be working.
04-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter

guys,
select the DNG file and in the library module go to metadata-dropdownmenu and select
<Update DNG Preview & Metadata>.
this should select the embedded profile, that's embedded in the metadata of the dng. file and make it useable.
hope this helps
Stephan

---------- Post added 04-07-15 at 03:56 PM ----------

but I like the huelights are much better...😊
04-07-2015, 12:57 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
I only get the embedded profile option with DNG's - PEF files, forget it.

This is something I'd like fixed / addressed. It's as if Pentax and Adobe have had an argument.

04-07-2015, 03:38 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dreamsong Quote
Hello Primus

Please see the screen shot from Lightroom in the below DropBox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj8ttye4wx159t4/LR_embedded.jpg?dl=0
From what you are saying when you hit that drop down menu there is no "embedded" option to select?

Very odd this has always been there for me as long as i shoot my raw files in .DNG format I just go <camera calibration> hit the dropdown for <profile> and I can choose, adobe standard, embedded and my own custom profiles.
Same for Photoshop which is what I normally use. ACR has always worked fine for me.

Sorry not the most helpful of posts but just letting you know it shoud be working.
No, I only get 'adobe standard' when I click the dropdown arrow. This is what happens regardless of whether it is DNG or PEF. However, for my Canon or Sony A7R images, I get 'camera vivid', 'camera landscape' and the other profiles that go with the individual cameras.

Pradeep