Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #1

Jammed mirror or something

Im looking for a little help, I recently bought a pentax 6x7 medium format camera. I dont have any batteries and i'm hoping that that is all it is. Before knowing this, I decided to fire the shutter, but when I did it again, the mirror was jammed or something. Now, the lever won't go back to the position needed for me to wind film. The shutter release button will not release either. I have never used a medium format camera before so I am a little clueless. I just wanted to know if the problem is that there aren't batteries in the camera or if it is something that i should be getting repairs for.

05-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
This camera does require a battery for the shutter/mirror mechanism to work. If once you've replaced the battery, the mirror still doesn't come down, press the little button below the"67" plate that while releasing the shutter, and the mirror should come down.
Thank you so much. that is all I needed to known
05-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax 6x7 cameras are not meant to be dry fired like a 35mm film camera. If you want to release the shutter without film in the camera you need to follow the steps in the manual on page 4 & 5. See page 13 for a stuck shutter with no battery.

Pentax 6x7.Manual

Phil.