Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #1

Best chance for new 645 lenses

I have seen it mentioned many times that someone hopes this or that lens is refreshed for the 645Z.

Does anyone KNOW about a refresh coming?

How about chances for a new 45-85? This would be nice as it couples with the new 28-45.

How about chances for a new 80-160? This would be nice if it came with SR which most of the new ones seem to come with.

Then again is it wishful thinking some new LS lenses might appear before these two above?

05-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
Forum Member

And hopefully, the lenses will have image stabilization.
05-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
That's I meant by SR=Shake Reduction like the 28-45 and 90 macro have in them.
05-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by algrove Quote
How about chances for a new 45-85? This would be nice as it couples with the new 28-45. How about chances for a new 80-160? This would be nice if it came with SR which most of the new ones seem to come with.
Something along those lines is currently on the lens roadmap:

SR would certainly make sense in 645 zoom lenses, but I don't believe any details have been released apart from what's shown above.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I recall reading a thread on DPReview where one of the posters linked to a Japanese site with a patent image of the 80-160mm f/4.5 SR, so it's surely on the way, question is only whether it will come before the normal zoom. I'm just theorizing here, but since the word "Tele Zoom" is slightly above the other one, it might come out first. The words "or later" infer that Pentax isn't sure they can roll out both lenses in 2015, which I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they didn't.

If it'll have a good 4 stops of stabilization and optics superior to the already good FA 80-160mm, the updated lens will be a force to be reckoned with indeed. It's arguably more desirable to me right now than the 90mm macro - better SR, a wide focal range and f/4.5 is fast enough for anything.

Edit: Here is that patent page translated via Google. Link

Last edited by Kolor-Pikker; 05-24-2015 at 11:59 AM.
05-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #6

Original Poster
K-P
Thanks for that info. Well, we still have 6 more months where they can release it.