Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 02:01 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
managed to open the gui, and could save modelname to files.
photo ninja does and sees the altered sensor-info and applies the iq250 profile.
however C1 8.2 does still not open the file.

The actual Version is 8.3.2. I made an update recently to 8.3.1 which works. Perhaps worth a try

07-27-2015, 09:12 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Continuing my quest for better colour processing from my P645D, noting that I am an almost complete novice in this aspect.

I used pyexiftoolgui successfully to re-identify some DNGs as Phase One P40+ files, however I find using Capture One Pro that I can also simply use the original DNG file and specify a different ICC file.

The attached screenshot shows a comparison of the same file using two different ICC files. The left one uses the ICC file I created using the ColorRite test array and software (similar software available freely as Adobe DNG Profile Editor), The right hand one uses the C1 Pro Phase One 'P40+ Outdoor Daylight' ICC file.

The PhaseOne P40+ ICC file gives more saturated reds (eg rusty iron) and green saturations than the Generic DNG profile available as a default for the 645D (or the ICC file I created as just described), with those P40+ greens being over the top in some circumstances (such as a photo I took of some bulb leaves/shoots).
Attached Images

Last edited by lenticular; 07-28-2015 at 08:35 PM.
07-29-2015, 11:55 PM   #18
Site Supporter

which fields do you guys rename with what ???
have renamed both name (7) and camera model name (8) but still can't open the dngs...
What am I missing ???
07-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
which fields do you guys rename with what ???
have renamed both name (7) and camera model name (8) but still can't open the dngs...
What am I missing ???
See thescreen shot. The field is named "Model"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kD3l1Q8juQWWtCMG95VFhZOXc/view?usp=sharing

Carsten

08-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #20

The nice thing about C1 that is missed in LR is the Lens Cast Correction. It corrects for lens cast and dust spots; very cool tool. I recently started using the Hartblei T/S lens. It's really nice. But there are no profiles in LR. With C1, you can create a profile unique to your lens, time and location.

---------- Post added 08-02-15 at 06:41 PM ----------

Also recently, I took a Rodney Lough, Jr. studio workshop. He uses C1 and we were surprised that my file would no open in C1. Rodney called the president of P1. He just said won't open - competitor. So, I have no hopes for C1 supporting 645Z files in the future.
09-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #21

Creating a P645D colour profile, for use in Capture One Pro

Thanks to Alex Munoz and dcshooter who kindly posted a link to Alex's very useful approach to customising colour profiles for the 645Z for use with Capture One Pro.

Following Alex Munoz's website, I have just used the Advanced Color Editor function in C1 Pro 8.3, to produce a camera profile: a C1 Pro ICC file (.icc or in fact .icm where 'm' denotes a manual edit of an existing icc file). I started with the 645Z colour profile that was available from Alex's website. This was a slight improvement on previous customised ICC files I had created using a similar process.

Alex describes the process here CaptureFix 645z ICC profile for Capture One by Alex MunozAlex Munoz – Visualizing Your Story

I attach Dropbox links to my 645D colour profile if anyone wants to give it a try, and for the WB and X-Rite ColorMatrix test shots, the latter being used in constructing the 645D colour profile, as per Alex's video.

#1 My customised P645D ICC (.icm) file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wejdm0xmewz5ced/645Dfrom645zV6.icm?dl=0
#2 The X-Rite ColorChecker test shot DNG file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/karsa1gggtlm1b6/_DMC6690.DNG?dl=0
#3 The WB DNG file I used to first set the WB in #2 (I had selected Cloudy WB in-camera when photographed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8mdr4yoq9nhdjr/_DMC6689.DNG?dl=0

I don't regard this colour profile as 100% by any means, but it is a visible improvement on my previous attempts and I'm finally coming to the conclusion that I will be able to continue to use C1 Pro as my preferred RAW editor. (Phase One's attitude to the P645D / Z stinks, however commercially predictable).

Last edited by lenticular; 09-15-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: tweak to custom profile - now V3
09-15-2015, 01:25 AM   #22
Site Supporter

so, I am still trying to open my files from the Z in C1.
when I try to open the capture fix programm that alex wrote, it says it wants java 1.8
have update my jave to version 8, which is the recommended one for yosemite, but still no luck in opening Capturefix.
also no success in renaming the model name in the metadata. C1 will not recognize the dng files from the Z.
bummer...
if anybody has more info in how to get the Zfiles to open with C1 -8.3, please help
cheers
Z
09-15-2015, 03:22 AM   #23

Suggest you contact Alex Munoz via his website to see if he is willing/able to help you with the Java conundrum.

09-15-2015, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
The nice thing about C1 that is missed in LR is the Lens Cast Correction. It corrects for lens cast and dust spots; very cool tool. I recently started using the Hartblei T/S lens. It's really nice. But there are no profiles in LR. With C1, you can create a profile unique to your lens, time and location.
Lightroom his this function too as an add-on, called "DNG flat field plugin", and you can download it here: Download Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Adobe Labs As the name implies, your files have to be shot in DNG format for this to work.

Of course it's not quite as tune-able as the one in C1, but at least it does it's thing. The work I do requires LCC correction even on a reflex camera with no shift, so needless to say, the 645Z wouldn't have been on my table if I couldn't get LCC to work with it.
10-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #25

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm having a problem with the flat field plugin. I get an error message that lightroom doesn't see a calibration file; even though I've selected one. Have you ever seen this? Any suggestions to eleviate this? Do you know how LR determines the calibration file.

---------- Post added 10-10-15 at 05:17 AM ----------

Wanted to add that I tried this with only one lens; a 45mm tilt/shift. Maybe this is the problem; also the most important reason for LCC. I'll try it with other lenses today.
10-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
Hi, thanks for the info. I'm having a problem with the flat field plugin. I get an error message that lightroom doesn't see a calibration file; even though I've selected one. Have you ever seen this? Any suggestions to eleviate this? Do you know how LR determines the calibration file.

---------- Post added 10-10-15 at 05:17 AM ----------

Wanted to add that I tried this with only one lens; a 45mm tilt/shift. Maybe this is the problem; also the most important reason for LCC. I'll try it with other lenses today.
Hmm that's strange, I used to get that error when attempting to correct with non-DNG images, but I also don't have any third party lenses to test with.
I usually select the image file and blank for LCC and use "interleaved correction", and then it'll show a dialog box to ask whether you want to correct only for falloff or color cast as well.

Can you a picture of how the LCC field you captured looks like?