Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

Screens for the 67II

After a long time being away from film cameras I've been considering coming back even though I've folded my darkroom some 12-15 years ago. I had the 6x7 with two LS lens(90 and 165) that I did portraits/weddings with and it was absolutely superb-especially with VPS 400.

I no longer have that camera but have been bitten by the MF bug and wished I still had it. Having said that, I'm thinking about the 67II mostly due to my eyes not being the same as they were when I had the 6x7 some 15 years ago so, the diopter adjustment on the 67II is a definite plus for me.

I am, however, a bit concerned about the focusing screen. I need a split image and had those on the two 6x7 bodies I had but don't know if that's even offered or available for the 67II. I haven't been able to find any info on the Internet about it so, thought I'd ask here. I had my 6x7's screen replaced with a split image either from Brightview or Katzeye...memory fails me on that but, I did have to send it to Pentax for proper calibration as the camera folks locally told me I'd have to sent it there-that it took special tools to do so and that it was not a direct drop in.

In short, does Pentax offer a spit image screen for the 67II?

06-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

I have the 67ii and five screens, I have added all of the 12 that are available to the accessories database:

Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

The standard split image screen is the BB-61.

Phil.
06-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
Very good, that looks like the one-thanks.