Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2015, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Finally, proper HSS lighting

Priolite: Sync Speeds Up To 1/8000s With Pentax - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com
This is great, seriously thinking about getting a couple of M1000 packs and a few pig tail adapter cables to Profoto. Just need to check the voltage and it might be a great solution.

R

06-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure if you wanted to start a new thread on this but it has been ongoing for quite a few pages here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/297084-everything-c...ml#post3279434
06-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Not sure if you wanted to start a new thread on this but it has been ongoing for quite a few pages here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/297084-everything-c...ml#post3279434
Ahhh, cool
I never go over to the rumours section.
Thanks, once again I'm late to the party
R
06-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote
Ahhh, cool
I never go over to the rumours section.
Thanks, once again I'm late to the party
R
This is definitely the right section to discuss it, though, now that it's official

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Right, don't go over there for real talk about it. Too much chatter and whining. Even as a K-3 shooter this has me excited for the possibilities.
06-10-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote
Priolite: Sync Speeds Up To 1/8000s With Pentax - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com
This is great, seriously thinking about getting a couple of M1000 packs and a few pig tail adapter cables to Profoto. Just need to check the voltage and it might be a great solution.

R
Hi RC - available in UK yet? Thks, Ian
06-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #7
Forum Member

I'm not clear on the "pig tail adapter cables to Profoto" comment. Are you suggesting that this system can be modified to work with Profoto?
06-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dShelly Quote
I'm not clear on the "pig tail adapter cables to Profoto" comment. Are you suggesting that this system can be modified to work with Profoto?
I'm looking into it. Trying to get all the voltages right and if you can still obtain HSS even without LED's to prime.
We'll see. . . . . . .

06-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well
I have some good news and some bad news for anyone thinking of modding adapter cables to use Profoto heads on Priorate M Pack units.
Good news is, yes, you could probably have cables made by any competent repair shop and they will work.
Bad news is that they probably won't work in High Speed mode. Priolite uses their LEDs to create a "long" flash duration, starting before the shutter opens and ending after the shutter closes. That in combination with the regular flash tube creates a seemingly short flash duration based directly on your shutter speed. Think of it as an intense HMI burning beside your flash tube while you shoot. No doubt it works with their heads, unfortunately Profoto heads don't have the same capabilities.
06-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Did some research today....
Priolite catalogue (Germany direct to UK) , and pricing is here:
PRIOLITE HOTSYNC - priolite-blitzanlagen.de
Contact at Priolite Germany : Joachim Renschke (Managing Director) : info@priolite.com
06-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #11
Forum Member

I have reached out to Profoto to see if they're going to modify their B1 lights to work with the 645z. We'll see what they have to say.
06-13-2015, 02:09 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dShelly Quote
I have reached out to Profoto to see if they're going to modify their B1 lights to work with the 645z. We'll see what they have to say.
Hi dShelly
As far as the overweight/porky/underpowered B1's are concerned, I have heard from my contacts at Profoto that they have reveres engineered most camera TTL firmware for other brands besides Canon/Nikon. They are sitting in a holding pattern waiting for licensing to be approved.
R