Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
Veteran Member

45mm and 75mm is a more sensible combination in the landscape context with the 6x7, but how well lenses "fit" your photography also comes down to experience. Newcomers often make the tragic mistake of buying either too many lenses or lenses that they are never going to use.

11-07-2015, 02:33 AM   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6x7 Quote
Did you end up buying a P67II, Peter? This camera certainly would feel at home on Phillip Island. Have been using mine in your neighbourhood (Kilcunda).

Jim
Hi Jim,

No, I haven't moved to a 67 yet, but I have been "playing" with my 35mm film cameras and, I am once again inspired to go medium format. The Pentax is expensive compared to Mamiya and Rollieflex, but ..... I can't help but think a good quality B & W neg would be a good thing. I plan to resurrect my developing kit but I'm afraid my enlarger only does 35mm so. I have to consider the cost of prints as well.

Do you live at Kilcunda?

Peter.
11-07-2015, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
...The most commonly used 67 lens by portrait shooters are the 90 Takumar, 165LS, 120 soft, 150 Takumar and 200 Pentax.
Yes but if we think beyond typical portraits in a studio environment and include portraitures of people, I feel, a 55/4 can also be very useful. A couple of examples using a 55mm for what it's worth all done with a waist level finder, handhold and no light meter on a P67. Fast and easy to use ( for this type of work) configuration. None of these were planned shots. I just asked these people if I could get a pose and picture whom I crossed paths with that day.

Oops, I recall now this was done with a monopod

Last edited by tuco; 11-07-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add info
11-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #34
6x7

QuoteOriginally posted by RHN12 Quote
No, I haven't moved to a 67 yet, but I have been "playing" with my 35mm film cameras and, I am once again inspired to go medium format. The Pentax is expensive compared to Mamiya and Rollieflex, but ..... I can't help but think a good quality B & W neg would be a good thing. I plan to resurrect my developing kit but I'm afraid my enlarger only does 35mm so. I have to consider the cost of prints as well. Do you live at Kilcunda?
Hi Peter,

I live in Melbourne but occasionally explore the area around the city with my 67II kit. There is an active group of analog users in Melbourne on APUG who sometimes meet for some joint excursions. Among others, we also spent a weekend in Kilcunda. Great place, in particular the timber trestle rail bridge. There are three Pentax 6x7 shooters in this group. It's still a popular camera, for very good reason. I shoot colour slides and still can get them developed within the same day for a reasonable price in Melbourne.

Regards, Jim (who also exposed a roll of 35mm film today in Williamstown)

---------- Post added 11-07-15 at 11:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gabro822 Quote
I have the opportunity to buy a P67+55,75,200 or a P67II+105 for quite the same price. On one side, I have 3 lenses, on the other, the new model. Considering that I'm not a professional photographer and I will do mostly portraits, which kit is better, for you? Is the 67II a real improvement?
Hi Gabriele,

I would choose the P67II. Unlike the lenses that come with the P67 package, a P67II is somewhat rare. If you can get one locally, I would go for it. The ones on eBay are all from Japan. Also, I agree with others, the 55mm and 75mm lenses would be too close to each other for my taste.

Regards, Jim