Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I've reported this thread to Pentax Ricoh UK. As much as I love the camera, and I do, the lack of after sales support frustrates the hell out of me. Johnsons in the UK who are PR's repair agent in the UK have had my 28-45 for 4 months and they lied to my local dealer who sent off the lens. It took more than 3 months for them even to give an estimate for a non warranty repair and then they sat on the repair for 3 weeks saying that they had not received instruction to fix the lens. Had that been the case they would have returned the lens to my dealer unfixed. So although I have two issues with my camera, (cable release isn't seen by the camera) I get an occasional PCS flashing on the LCD too, I don't want to sit around for months waiting for my camera to be returned. I do like my A7RII but I want to have my primary camera available and shouldn't be without it for months.

I'd like to be able to use a cable release with an LCD screen for bulb exposures and to be able to do a specified amount of time. The infra red mode also drains the battery more quickly.

03-14-2016, 02:01 AM   #17

I'm sorry to hear about that... That's not really giving confidence.
I had a problem with the 90 macro, bought in France. The lens was more or less disassembling itself (front part of the lens moving a lot, no more AF, diaphragm not fully closing).
I brought it for repair to my dealer, who sent it to the company in charge of Pentax repairs in France (PM2S company). Estimation received in little more than 2 weeks, instruction for repair given just after, repair done in 1 week... I had it back one month after, which was OK for me. I guess the service is better here.

Your problem is sure not acceptable for such an equipment. Pentax has to deliver good service, otherwise it will destroy their reputation.