Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 100
that cool, when you have the results post for us, thank you we would like to see

02-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 66
QuoteOriginally posted by Sarnian Quote
I'll be receiving my 28-45mm (for my 645D) in about 1 weeks' so I'll try it on my 645Nii then.
"No autofocus on film bodies" is what it states on the lens review section of this website. Oh well.
02-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #18
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 66
I received my 28-45mm today. Hehe. It is indeed very large and heavy!! I only managed a few test shots and they're OUTSTANDING. Very pleased with my purchase. Just need to hit the gym now!
02-13-2016, 06:44 AM   #19
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 40
More than 6 months later and still no complete answer to the original question or a sample image shot with a 645 film camera.

I'd very much like to know if this lens will cover the image circle with the new larger 100mp sensor (used on the new Phase One) that is likely to appear in a version of this camera in the future.

02-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #20
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 66
I stated above that the 28-45mm doesn't autofocus on 645N bodies. I will try it next week to see for myself, though, as there is a Manual focus/Auto focus switch on the lens.
02-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #21
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,579
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil A Quote
More than 6 months later and still no complete answer to the original question or a sample image shot with a 645 film camera.

I'd very much like to know if this lens will cover the image circle with the new larger 100mp sensor (used on the new Phase One) that is likely to appear in a version of this camera in the future.
Perhaps you phrased it badly in error, but that looks like a moan at people for not putting themselves out in time and money so you can see what happens. Secondly, it is by no means inevitable that the 100mp full frame 645 will make any iteration in a Pentax camera. We don't know what deal Phase One made with Sony for this. There may be an exclusivity clause.
02-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #22
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 40
Yes, sorry, I worded it badly. I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere on the internet.

If anyone is interested, respected Hasselblad user/trainer Karl Taylor said on his Facebook page on 10th January that they'll be releasing a version with this sensor, so I'm sure Pentax will too. "Just seen the specs for the new 100mp Hasselblad, this thing rocks and from what I understand it's going to be less expensive than the Phase. Can't wait till March to get my hands on one!"
02-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,579
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil A Quote
Yes, sorry, I worded it badly. I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere on the internet.

If anyone is interested, respected Hasselblad user/trainer Karl Taylor said on his Facebook page on 10th January that they'll be releasing a version with this sensor, so I'm sure Pentax will too. "Just seen the specs for the new 100mp Hasselblad, this thing rocks and from what I understand it's going to be less expensive than the Phase. Can't wait till March to get my hands on one!"
I'm excited and scared at the same time about the prospect. Excited at the prospect of a 100mp sensor and scared that I will not be able to resist it!

02-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #24
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 71
Well, i've got a film body and the lens. I've never used the combo because i only use 645N for portraits.But here's what it looks like.

People who never used the lens have no idea how awesome 28-45mm is. Along with 90mm SR, i'd rate this two of the very best lenses in any system.

At 28mm, there is tiny bit of corner darkening. But as someone said, 645n and 645n II have 90% viewfinder coverage. But this is NOT BAD at all!! If you just zoom a little bit, by 30mm it's completely gone.




02-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #25
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 117
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I'm excited and scared at the same time about the prospect. Excited at the prospect of a 100mp sensor and scared that I will not be able to resist it!
Abject poverty is my friend who will keep me out of trouble. However, I'd love to check out a 100mp sensor camera.
02-14-2016, 03:20 AM   #26
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 66
Have you ever processed film (print or transparency) to see what the coverage is? Do we know the size of the image circle? I'll try this when I have the time.
02-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #27
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 40
QuoteOriginally posted by brelip Quote
Well, i've got a film body and the lens. I've never used the combo because i only use 645N for portraits.But here's what it looks like.

People who never used the lens have no idea how awesome 28-45mm is. Along with 90mm SR, i'd rate this two of the very best lenses in any system.

At 28mm, there is tiny bit of corner darkening. But as someone said, 645n and 645n II have 90% viewfinder coverage. But this is NOT BAD at all!! If you just zoom a little bit, by 30mm it's completely gone
Thanks for the info. The new Sony sensor in the Phase One and (according to Karl Taylor) the soon to be released Hasselblad is 53.7 x 40.4mm so based on how it looks on film at 60x60mm the 28-45mm should be future proof. I'm sure Pentax would have been aware that their sensor supplier Sony was developing this sensor when they designed this lens.
02-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #28
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Photos: Albums
Posts: 71
QuoteOriginally posted by Sarnian Quote
Have you ever processed film (print or transparency) to see what the coverage is? Do we know the size of the image circle? I'll try this when I have the time.
Not yet...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28-45mm, 645d, 645nii, 645z, autofocus, camera, film, lens, medium format, review, section, website, weeks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Pentax-DA 645 28-45 mm f/4,5 ED AL SDM AW SR Mistral75 Pentax News and Rumors 36 08-06-2014 04:08 PM
24mm on film if I already have a 28? jtkratzer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 04-03-2014 06:36 PM
90mm on 645 film? 672 Pentax Medium Format 8 03-18-2013 02:32 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top