Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robertchow999 Quote
If I'm not mistaken, eagles like most animals cannot perceive color - only rods, no cones in their eyes.
Birds typically have color vision. How Animals See Color

08-11-2015, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Mine's a box - just a rectangular box. On one skinny end a stabilized square sensor, whether 30x30mm or 56x56 (6x6) size would depend on my budget. Buttons on the sides, screen on top with a flip shade, and a flash mount. And a Pentax K or 645/67 mount on the front

OK you can contour it slightly, but then put a button at each fingertip so we can play it like an optical flute!
I think you actually meant to say that it has the Hasselblad V mount on the front

When I got my first camera, a Spotmatic F, all the cameras I now own would have been dream cameras even the ones that were made for the Spotmatics. I am getting old and now my dreams are more for places than cameras and lenses (and money to get to those places)
08-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
When I got my first camera, a Spotmatic F, all the cameras I now own would have been dream cameras even the ones that were made for the Spotmatics. I am getting old and now my dreams are more for places than cameras and lenses (and money to get to those places)
Well said.
08-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Perfect camera.

One I don't have would be the Leica M240 digital rangefinder with a 28mm Leica lens.

One I do have, would be my Pentax K-5 and 12-24 Pentax lens.

08-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #80

Fuji Film x100T body + 645Z Sensor
08-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #81

Well, the 645D, but having one additional feature: Possibility to black out parts if the view finder. To support 1:1, 3:2, 16:9 and 2:1 formats.

I like shooting 2:1 panorama formats. But I don't want to imagine a part of the picture I see in the view finder is not relly there.

Originally, I used a 67II to take this kind of pictures. There it was easy to put a black paper mask on the focusing screen. But it was getting harder to get slide fils developed here i Switzerland. An scanning is time consuming. Then I bought a second D700 for this purpose, as you can get them quite cheap in the meawhile. The it is possible to put a paper mask between the focusing sreen and the clamb holding it.

As Pentax won't bring such a camera, I still think one day I'll get a third 645D and just put some black tape on the mirror side of the focusing screen. Off course it would still record the whole frame, not the 2:1 crop.. But I know this from the 67II, it is even better than the cropped image directl out of the camera. As you can still move the final piture a little bit up and down later at the PC, when seeing the original choice was not 100% perfect.