Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax makes it into a stupid funny YouTube animation

(Mods, if this would go better in General Talk, please feel free to move)

So I was watching the web animation series Two Best Sisters Play, which takes the audio from the Two Best Friends Play series of Let's Play videos but puts it to custom animation of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in the roles of Matt and Pat, usually diving into the worlds of the games being reviewed. (Much funnier than it might sound.)
In
, naturally they're taking a ton of pictures of the various Pokémon... and the first time a DSLR showed up on screen for this purpose, the prism hump logo had been removed, so I immediately wondered which camera it was. Re-watching at 1080p, I could read the text on the front of the lens clearly enough to identify it as some sort of Canon. The other camera that shows up a lot of the time also was logo-less but was clearly a Nikon, because obvious red wedge on the grip is obvious.

But then they reviewed some of their Electrode photos right there on the camera, and something made me hit pause to take a closer look. The first thing I noticed was what looked like another tripod mount on the side of the camera... then the JPEG profile icon that I knew I had seen somewhere before.

Yup, that is either a 645D or 645Z (they apparently look identical from the rear?) that our gamer friends' Nikon turns into when you turn it around.

Even if nobody else watching this video will ever notice, I still find it nice to see Pentax getting some love in unexpected circles.

Last edited by Scintilla; 09-02-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added link to the actual video...
09-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thats is definitely 645D body, but creen infos do not match with any existing FW !