Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
35 mm WA to Bronica S2a??

I recently bought a Bronica S2a 6 x 6 SLR to keep my Pentax 645n company. For the Bronnie I have the 50, 75, 135, and 200. There is a 40mm. seems to be made of Unobtanium, and priced like gold.

Okay. The Bronnie's lenses have no helicals; the body has a removable helical focusing mount which can easily removed, leaving a large hole in the camera box. You probably see where this is going! The Pentax 645 series 35mm is a stellar lens. Since it covers 6 x 4.5 easily it should cover 6 x 6. Has anyone heard of an adapter which would do the job? I don't know the register distance of the Bronnie. It could be pretty large; the mirror flips DOWN, thus lenses can protrude further into the body. Probably eased the design difficulties of wide angle lenses.

I've posted a similar message on the Bronica group on Flickr, so far no response.

09-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some bread crumbs...
S2a registration distance: 101.7mm
S2a mount diameter: 57mm
Camera Mounts Sorted by Register

Kiev 30mm lens on Bronica EC/S2a? - Photo.net Medium Format Forum
09-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Some bread crumbs...
S2a registration distance: 101.7mm
S2a mount diameter: 57mm
Camera Mounts Sorted by Register

Kiev 30mm lens on Bronica EC/S2a? - Photo.net Medium Format Forum
Thanks for the info. I checked the link you furnished and found this:

Pentax 645 bayonet

Diameter 61.2

It looks, from examination of my S2a that the mount diameter cited above, 57mm, is the diameter of the removable helical mount. The diameter of the fixed bayonet on the body is perhaps 67mm, I don't have a proper micrometer to measure it precisely. The removable helical looks to measure perhaps

So, unless a really strange adapter could be fabricated, the idea is unfeasible. And so it goes....