Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ColColt Quote
I searched for two weeks and this seem to be the less worn of any others I found. The lens looked great as well. I'm especially happy about the fact the camera has the split image screen. I just ordered Tri-X, FP-4, Delta 400 and a roll of 120 Provia for testing. Too bad Kodak doesn't supply VPS anymore. That was my go to film for portraits and weddings-simply superb skin tones.

I suppose the next up lens will most likely be the 55 f4 followed by the 165 f2.8. I think I'll be set then. I'm not sure what that "Gonna" thing is on the cold shoe of the handle.

---------- Post added 09-07-15 at 07:40 PM ----------

I did a photo essay of the Mennonite Community some years ago with both the 35mm and 6x7. This was one of my favorites with the 6x7 and 90 f2.8 lens...shot with Agfapan 400 and developed in Rodinal.

Your work inspires me to want to go out and shoot like we used to do in the old days. Your pics bring back fond memories of classic photography... something that is somewhat of a rarity these days.

09-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #17

Original Poster
That's one the nicest things anyone's said to me in a very long time...thank you sir. I guess I'll always like the old ways. I've been called a dinosaur and Luddite before but, I just smile to myself about it.
09-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ColColt Quote
That's one the nicest things anyone's said to me in a very long time...thank you sir. I guess I'll always like the old ways. I've been called a dinosaur and Luddite before but, I just smile to myself about it.
If I had pics like you have, I would be proud to be called a dinasour. Documenting Mennonites... who does something like that these days!?
09-08-2015, 03:47 PM - 2 Likes   #19

Original Poster
What I would really love to do, and of course can't as I can't roll back the time, is to go to that old cotton mill I use to work and photograph the workers, machinery, inside and outside of the building. It was grey and looked like a prison with high fence around it and a guard shack at the entrance.

Somewhere around here I do have some pics after they were shut down but of course all the equipment was gone(sold off) except some of the warpers upstairs of the spooler room. If I can locate them I'll scan them and put them on Flickr. All were shot with the 6x7, IIRC.Everywhere else was barren save a few stacks of cotton in bales here and there. The place was sold to a trucking company at the time I went over to request that I be given permission to do some photos and told them why. Some years later the mill was renovated and turned into condos. Most of the mills in that area were shut down starting in 1969.

---------- Post added 09-08-15 at 06:56 PM ----------

Although a bit off the subject of 6x7 but these are a few more shots of the Mennonites I did with 35mm and Agfapan 400 in Rodinal. If you notice, the little girl on the left is bare foot while the other has shoes much too big for her. I saw them coming up the road and got up on a knoll and just waited for the moment.

Last edited by ColColt; 09-08-2015 at 03:57 PM.