Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2015, 03:07 PM   #1

Jones Bracket for 6x7

Back in the mid 90's there was a fellow named Jones that made circular brackets that allowed you to mount the bracket on a tripod and rotate from horizontal to vertical by loosening a knob on the front of it without any other movements of the tripod. I had one of those for the Pentax 6x7 and sold it to someone thinking they'd always be around. I used them exclusively in studio and weddings.They do still make them for 35mm but I don't know about the 6x7. If you had a flash mounted on top of the bracket you could rotate the camera without the flash moving.

Anyone know from whence I speak or have had/seen them? This is their 35mm bracket.

J-35

09-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #2

Sure. Those were standard fare back in the day. I have one sitting around. Those were the days of exposures by guide numbers. A big flash on top and a Die Hard sized power pack on your shoulder.
09-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
Wish I still had mine-another story of seller's remorse. I used a Quantum Turbo battery and Metz flash. It never gave out but, I did shooting five hour long weddings.