Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2015, 10:06 AM - 7 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gone home

The Sacca di Scardovari, in the Po's Delta, is a very atmospheric place - the struggle between man and nature for the control of the land and water is evident at every corner, and the resulting landscape is very inspiring: at the same time, full of beauty and despair.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5. Best,

Vieri

10-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a lovely shot.
10-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is no doubt one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing it with us.
10-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Can you take the same photo with you K-3II and post it aside the 645z photo? Some people say there's not difference between K-3, FF, and MF , it all comes from the photographer.

10-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #5

Hi Vieri,

great shot, again. This scenery reminds me very much on some of my first impressions of that region during my first visit some 46 years ago....

All the best, Udo
10-10-2015, 01:04 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Magnificent !
10-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #7

Well done! Must visit the place one day soon.

10-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That is a lovely shot.
Thank you UncleVanya!

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
That is no doubt one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thank you very much Carol, you are too kind

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Can you take the same photo with you K-3II and post it aside the 645z photo? Some people say there's not difference between K-3, FF, and MF , it all comes from the photographer.
I guess you have a beef with this, you seem to post something of this tone everywhere... No, I can't take the same photo with another camera, because no two photos are the same, even if taken a fem minutes apart. Plus, this was not intended to be a camera comparing thread anyway. That said: as a matter of fact, I do have the K3, am very well aware of the differences between it and the 645 but I still love it for what it's great at; however, for landscapes, if I don't need ultra-wide, I'd take my 645z over the K3 any day - even if it's much bigger and heavier, which takes its toll when you hike for a few km. If I need ultrawide, I have the K3 with the Sigma 10-20 in the bag together with my 645 kit all the time, just in case. So, for me every tool has its use and its place in one's bag - I am not into this kind of polemics, which I really find sterile, sorry.

QuoteOriginally posted by desertdiver Quote
Hi Vieri,

great shot, again. This scenery reminds me very much on some of my first impressions of that region during my first visit some 46 years ago....

All the best, Udo
Hello Udo! Great to see you! I guess (happily!) that things didn't change much in the last 4 decades then good to know that we Italians have been able to preserve the beauty of the River Po's Delta for so long.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Magnificent !
Thank you Zygonyx!

QuoteOriginally posted by algrove Quote
Well done! Must visit the place one day soon.
Thank you algrove! Yes, I'd definitely recommend you do, is a beautiful area with a wealth of photographic opportunities laying around

Thank you again everyone for taking the time to view and comment. Best,

Vieri
10-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
I guess you have a beef with this, you seem to post something of this tone everywhere... No, I can't take the same photo with another camera, because no two photos are the same, even if taken a fem minutes apart. Plus, this was not intended to be a camera comparing thread anyway. That said: as a matter of fact, I do have the K3, am very well aware of the differences between it and the 645 but I still love it for what it's great at; however, for landscapes, if I don't need ultra-wide, I'd take my 645z over the K3 any day - even if it's much bigger and heavier, which takes its toll when you hike for a few km. If I need ultrawide, I have the K3 with the Sigma 10-20 in the bag together with my 645 kit all the time, just in case. So, for me every tool has its use and its place in one's bag - I am not into this kind of polemics, which I really find sterile, sorry.
Thanks for the enlightenment. Thanks for posting beautifully composed and inspiring photographs.