Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #1

Pentax 645z and Zacuto Z-Finder

Does anyone have experience in manually focusing a Pentax 645z with a Zacuto Z-finder? If so:

- Do you find focusing manually easier with it?
- Any difference in with or without focus peaking?
- Which Zacuto Z-finder model did you use?
- Any gotcha's or limitations in using the product?

Please note I'm specifically wishing for feedback on manually focusing on a Pentax 645z with a Zacuto product (or similar).

thanks!

10-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #2

Original Poster
For those interested in this topic, I did reach out to Zacuto t determine which product was best for the 645z - their answer is below. But I'm still looking for feedback from those who have experience using it on a 645z for manual focusing purposes. Thanks.

----

"Thank you for your interest in Zacuto! As far as Z-Finders, The Z-finder Pro 2.5x Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2" Screens | Viewfinder | Zacuto USA or the Z-finder Pro 3x Z-Finder Pro 3x for 3.2" Screens | Viewfinder | Zacuto USA would both work for your camera (depending on the magnification that you would need). The 2.5X magnification is recommended for those who are near sighted or have pretty good vision. The 3x magnification is recommended for those who are far-sighted/wear reading glasses.

However, your camera has a tilting LCD screen, so you may want to go frame-less. We do offer an adhesive frame: Z-Finder 3.2" Adhesive Frame | Zacuto USA that allows you to attach your Z-Finder directly to your LCD without the need of a mounting frame.

I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions."
-----