Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2015, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sgurr Alasdair from Elgol

On the shores of Loch Scavaig lies Elgol, a remote and small village set in a beautiful position facing Sgurr Alasdair, the highest peak both of the Black Cuillin range and of the Isle of Skye in general. Elgol's bay is one of my most beloved locations on Skye, one that never fails to inspire me with its dramatic and always changing landscapes. Here a beehive-shaped stone cliff, the moving clouds and Sgurr Alasdair makes for a surreal, otherworldly landscape.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Best,

Vieri

10-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Truly lovely.
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #3

+1 and "On the shores of Loch Scavaig lies Elgol, a remote and small village set in a beautiful position facing Sgurr Alasdair, ..." sounds for me like a begin of a Tolkien novel .
10-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really beautiful.

I agree, Elgol is a very special place, on a very special island!

10-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
+1 and "On the shores of Loch Scavaig lies Elgol, a remote and small village set in a beautiful position facing Sgurr Alasdair, ..." sounds for me like a begin of a Tolkien novel .
Place names in Scotland in general and on Skye in particular tend to have that effect... BTW, Tolkien is said to have been staying on Eigg when he started to write the Ring, and Eigg is very close to Skye

QuoteOriginally posted by lenticular Quote
Really beautiful.

I agree, Elgol is a very special place, on a very special island!
Thank you lenticular, I am glad you enjoyed it! As well, I am happy to see I am not the only one under Skye's spell here...