Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptormic Quote
What is in your view the best settings to expose for the highlights with the Pentax Z?
I go by the histogram and make sure the highlights end somewhere between the third line and right edge of the graph. There is very little recoverability once you hit red, a little more compared to liveview, which hard-clips at red, but it's still about half a stop.
If you do clip, the files can only take about -10 highlight recovery in Lightroom without generating false color.

11-02-2015, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like your fall colors scene!
That is a technique I incorporate often, which I simply call a "tele pano".
Here are some tele panos at 300mm:

Alcatraz & Bridges
Rolling Hills & Windfarm
Deer Valley
Sugar Town
Distant Lights III

Sometimes I will shift my focus as I go to achieve a tilt lens effect.

Wine & Jazz

Last edited by mikeSF; 11-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
120mm, 645d, 645z, adjustment, background, brenizer, camera, composition, distortion, f/4, large format look, lens, macro, medium format, nature, note, panorama stitching, perspective distortion, photoshop, shift, shot, stitch, technique, wideangle