Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I still have my K100 just because it too has a CCD sensor. About 2 years ago I was up at the Grand Canyon and my K5 pulled up lame - so I swapped bodies and continued shooting. The images from the K100 held their own.
I still have my K10D

In the MF world CMOS sensors are a newcomer to the party, and there have been some people who are seeing a visible difference in rendering with the new generation of CMOS sensors Vs the older CCD based ones. Leica is producing two Versions of the S2, they Typ 007 will use a CMOS sensor, but Leica will continue to produce the original CCD based S2 for those who prefer it.

Last edited by Digitalis; 11-07-2015 at 08:52 PM.
11-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter

I appears the poster has money to burn, and snap judgement, which is his right. 2 weeks, 2 days, c'mon now. I've used the D for 4 yrs. and love it. the specs. of the Z causes me to have a case of envy, but i'm still learning the D.
11-08-2015, 09:26 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bull drinkwater Quote
I appears the poster has money to burn, and snap judgement, which is his right. 2 weeks, 2 days, c'mon now. I've used the D for 4 yrs. and love it. the specs. of the Z causes me to have a case of envy, but i'm still learning the D.
I believe if you read all the OP's posts, you will find that he originally purchased the D while under the impression, as told him by his dealer, that the camera could be tethered using the latest MAC OS. It did not work for him. He returned the D and got a Z instead. He, however, found that the D had a look that he liked and is thinking of getting another copy. If he has the funds for that, it's his money. It does not look like he perceives that he is burning it.
11-08-2015, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creative69 Quote
so I have owned my 645Z for a few days now after upgrading from the 645D which I had for 2 weeks. Although I know I made the right choice I still miss the 645D looking at the D's pictures they definately do have a charm and quality which is different to the 645Z. I've been thinking about re purchasing the 645D to compliment the 645Z! Wow is this crazy talk? does anyone here own both?
Hi! Yes, I have both. A 645D since 1,5 years, and a 645Z since 1,5 week. I have too few shots with the Z to compare though. Both are great cameras in their own way. Now I have to shape up to the standard of my gear. ;-)

11-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
I believe if you read all the OP's posts, you will find that he originally purchased the D while under the impression, as told him by his dealer, that the camera could be tethered using the latest MAC OS. It did not work for him. He returned the D and got a Z instead. He, however, found that the D had a look that he liked and is thinking of getting another copy. If he has the funds for that, it's his money. It does not look like he perceives that he is burning it.
Thank you for summarising perfectly! I Have nothing but praise for the 645D and Z. Money is a concern yes but as with most types of photography it is wise to have a back up body, especially considering the now lower price of the 645d In a nutshell I'm charmed by both models.

---------- Post added 11-09-15 at 11:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zantaphia Quote
Hi! Yes, I have both. A 645D since 1,5 years, and a 645Z since 1,5 week. I have too few shots with the Z to compare though. Both are great cameras in their own way. Now I have to shape up to the standard of my gear. ;-)
Hurray Finally!! Would be interested to hear your findings as time goes by.