Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

645 Z eye piece woes. Help needed

I've had the pleasure of trying to deal with Pentax support again. 1 year almost to the day since last years problem, good to see they're still as useless as ever. I'm astonished at how bad their support is....

That's the moaning out the way. Anyway....

I'm hoping a good samaritan who owns a 645z could help me out with an eye piece problem. For some reason mine has stopped attaching securely and falls off with the slightest brush. Is anyone able to look at their eye piece/suction cup attachment and see what's holding it in place. All I have is the suction cup which seems to just sit on the viewfinder. I feel as if there's something missing so hoping someone can look at their camera and see what' what.

any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.
G

11-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #2

The rubber eye piece fits very securely over a ring that in turn threads onto the camera body. From your description, I can't quite tell if you're missing the ring that threads onto the body, or if your eyepiece simply isn't stretched properly to mount securely onto the ring. You need to really pull the rubber eyepiece out of shape to fit it over & around both sides of ring.
11-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
That's fab, thanks Royce. I don't seem to have the 'ring that threads onto the body' that you've described. I probably lost it whilst switching between the eyecup and a right angle finder. You can't see a part number on the thread ring can you?

Many thanks,
Gareth
11-11-2015, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #4

The ring on the right angle finder will also fit to the body.

-Linus-

11-11-2015, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #5

If you see bare threads on the barrel of the viewfinder with the rubber eyecup removed, then you are missing the ring. It has no part number or any other identifying info. If you check the 645Z manual (electronic version) page 10, the ring is called the "Standard Eyecup". Attaching the large rubber eyecup over the standard one is shown via illustration on page 37 of the manual. If you've lost that ring, the rubber eyecup can't be used, and you'll have to see if your dealer can order you a new one...
11-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #6
Forum Member

I bought one of the "standard eyecups" on eBay from Japan, search for part number 38461.
11-13-2015, 04:33 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all much appreciated. DAT Bokeh, does he standard eye piece come with the threading ring?

G