Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by analog65 Quote
Can you provide more details on this fix? I have Capture one 9 and it won't recognize my 645Z files (which I am aware of). You say that if you chance the "Model" to IQ250 it will work. I can't find how to do that.

Thanks
The thread you need to read is here. The easiest method seems to be CaptureFix: http://www.alexmunoz.net/capturefix/

Same site also has ICC profiles for the 645Z to be used with C1, here.

Last edited by TheDocAUS; 12-29-2015 at 07:28 PM.
12-29-2015, 11:48 PM   #17

I have using Lightroom CC since I have my Pentax 645Z. With Nikon I have got the Capture One Pro 8. Maybe Capture is better, but to much extra work with the Pentax files. I am not to good in computer works. Saving time and focus to the artistic quality is my preference. Datacolor Color Checker and the Spyder Cube helps me to make a good profile to the camera and Lightroom will does the rest!
12-30-2015, 05:15 AM   #18

Excellent! This is exactly what I was looking for. I am working on a Mac and the EXIF edit works perfectly on C1 V9. This is good news because I prefer C1 over LR. It is a real shame that Capture One has to be this way. Why any company would block the use of a competitor's camera only shows their weakness and fear of a product like the 645Z. They are trying to control the market and history has proven over and over that this approach never works. For now, I am happy with the fix. Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by TheDocAUS Quote
The thread you need to read is here. The easiest method seems to be CaptureFix: Capture One Fix adds support for 645z images - Alex MunozAlex Munoz – Visualizing Your Story

Same site also has ICC profiles for the 645Z to be used with C1, here.
12-30-2015, 05:21 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by creative69 Quote
Hi some of you may find this helpful. After more testing I have found Lightroom to be frustratingly poor at raw conversion for my Fuji files and now my Pentax files. Granted if you never used anything else you may not be aware of the shortcomings. I have found that Apple Aperture does a stellar job with way more tonal range and clarity with the 645d files. For the 645z Iridient Developer is impressive as Aperture does not support the 645z files. Iridient seems to give consistently good results across most brands but some initial colour profile settings may be required.
I initially used Aperture with the 645D and what I found was a pink border all around that I had to crop out. It never read the DNG files properly and didn't read pentax raws at all.