Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Forum Member

Tethering with the 645z

I have no problem tethering to Lightroom 6 using a Watched folder, but it takes about 4-5 seconds to come up in LR. Additionally, I can use Image Transmitter 2 and get an image on my computer in about 3 seconds (not bad), but the image is rather small, and so both options are not ideal for a client viewing on a monitor during a shoot.

There's a third-party plugin offered by DSLR Software (aka DNA Software) that allows you to import into LR in about 2 seconds, however it doesn't seem to work on my iMac. I download a trial version and I have all the right settings in terms of OS software version (10.10), appropriate firmware, and the camera's set to PTP - but it's just not working.

When I go into LR and go to the Plugin Manager, I can see that the plugin is there and active, but LR does not recognize the camera. I've seen several people note that the software works just fine, so I know it's possible for this to work. I spoke, via email to the software customer support, but they gave up without even trying to fix it. They just basically said, "Sorry, I guess it doesn't work for your setup."

This plugin would be ideal for my workflow. Is there anyone out there who's had this issue and resolved it?