Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Enabling live view magnification ont he 645Z

Brand new 645z user and really loving the results

But I seem either be misreading the manual with regard to zooming while in Live View. Just cannot get it to work - manual shows while in live view to rotate the rear wheel - all that does is change the aperture. Read and re read the manual and I am stuck - anyone help me with this

Mike

11-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I presume you have to be in manual focus and a button to press first, on my K-50 (totally different camera, but...) I have to put it in MF then press the 'OK' button to put it into magnification mode and change the magnification with the rear e-dial. To set Aperture again (and leave magnification) you have to press 'OK' again.

It is probably similar on the 645z.
11-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I presume you have to be in manual focus and a button to press first, on my K-50 (totally different camera, but...) I have to put it in MF then press the 'OK' button to put it into magnification mode and change the magnification with the rear e-dial. To set Aperture again (and leave magnification) you have to press 'OK' again.

It is probably similar on the 645z.
It is, but the lens does not need to be in MF mode; press OK first and then rear wheel zooms
11-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
It is, but the lens does not need to be in MF mode; press OK first and then rear wheel zooms
Good to know I was almost spot on, but when would this be useful in AF? I only use it for MF (mainly macro)
As I said the K-50 and 645z are very different cameras.

11-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Good to know I was almost spot on, but when would this be useful in AF? I only use it for MF (mainly macro)
As I said the K-50 and 645z are very different cameras.
You can use AF for initial focus and live view to verify and manually fine tune focus to the near eye, for instance.
11-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeKPhoto Quote
Brand new 645z user and really loving the results

But I seem either be misreading the manual with regard to zooming while in Live View. Just cannot get it to work - manual shows while in live view to rotate the rear wheel - all that does is change the aperture. Read and re read the manual and I am stuck - anyone help me with this

Mike
Hold the OK button down for 2 seconds and you should get magnification. If you don't, press the button with the two blue SD card icons above it, and try again. You do not need to be in manual focus mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the Help - my new manual had a glitch in the printing and the OK button was not really visible - but checked with the online version of the Manual and now can see the OK button as it should be printed

again Thanks for the help

MK