Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Posts: 23
Enabling live view magnification ont he 645Z

Brand new 645z user and really loving the results


But I seem either be misreading the manual with regard to zooming while in Live View. Just cannot get it to work - manual shows while in live view to rotate the rear wheel - all that does is change the aperture. Read and re read the manual and I am stuck - anyone help me with this



Mike

11-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,487
I presume you have to be in manual focus and a button to press first, on my K-50 (totally different camera, but...) I have to put it in MF then press the 'OK' button to put it into magnification mode and change the magnification with the rear e-dial. To set Aperture again (and leave magnification) you have to press 'OK' again.

It is probably similar on the 645z.
11-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2008
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 420
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I presume you have to be in manual focus and a button to press first, on my K-50 (totally different camera, but...) I have to put it in MF then press the 'OK' button to put it into magnification mode and change the magnification with the rear e-dial. To set Aperture again (and leave magnification) you have to press 'OK' again.

It is probably similar on the 645z.
It is, but the lens does not need to be in MF mode; press OK first and then rear wheel zooms
11-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,487
QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
It is, but the lens does not need to be in MF mode; press OK first and then rear wheel zooms
Good to know I was almost spot on, but when would this be useful in AF? I only use it for MF (mainly macro)
As I said the K-50 and 645z are very different cameras.

11-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 117
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Good to know I was almost spot on, but when would this be useful in AF? I only use it for MF (mainly macro)
As I said the K-50 and 645z are very different cameras.
You can use AF for initial focus and live view to verify and manually fine tune focus to the near eye, for instance.
11-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,280
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeKPhoto Quote
Brand new 645z user and really loving the results


But I seem either be misreading the manual with regard to zooming while in Live View. Just cannot get it to work - manual shows while in live view to rotate the rear wheel - all that does is change the aperture. Read and re read the manual and I am stuck - anyone help me with this



Mike
Hold the OK button down for 2 seconds and you should get magnification. If you don't, press the button with the two blue SD card icons above it, and try again. You do not need to be in manual focus mode.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Posts: 23
Original Poster
Thanks for the Help - my new manual had a glitch in the printing and the OK button was not really visible - but checked with the online version of the Manual and now can see the OK button as it should be printed


again Thanks for the help


MK
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, 645z live view, camera, medium format, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
645z: live view vs mirror lockup the_ether Pentax Medium Format 11 04-06-2015 06:04 AM
645Z has long shutter lag at Live View mode thomaskplee Pentax Medium Format 7 01-11-2015 02:04 AM
645Z and Live View MrPhil Pentax Medium Format 6 09-11-2014 12:32 AM
645Z - DOF Preview in Live View? Ryan Tischer Pentax Medium Format 6 07-31-2014 04:17 PM
Composing while focusing with live view magnification DanielT74 Pentax K-5 4 09-19-2011 05:02 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top