Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #16

Can they add EFC via firmware? Barring that, I'd like to see a user defined delay added between bracketed images when firing the whole set automatically with the remote.

12-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That would be superb. The other thing I would like to see is the ability, when shooting a bracketed sequence of shots with Mirror Lock-Up, to have the whole sequence fire without the mirror moving - so it locks up with the first press of the shutter button then stays there until the whole sequence of shots is completed or aborted. That would speed up the process, reduce wear on the mirror mechanism, etc..
12-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #18

Firmware 1.22

I wish I could get Firmware 1.22 to load. Placing a SD card containing the Fwdc224b.bin in slot 1 and holding the menu button while powering up doesn’t work. I have repeated the process several times with a couple different firmware downloads. Any thoughts?
12-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
1) In live view, I would like for it to be possible for the 4-way buttons to remain in focus point select mode instead of immediately reverting back to the drive mode/white balance/flash duties once focus is achieved or missed. Same wish for the K3/K3II. For my purposes, I would be using the 4-way buttons far more for focusing than for changing drive/WB/flash/etc...

2) I mounted camera upside down to shoot (suspended from tripod). I was pleased the image in the live view was able to invert automatically. A further step would be to display all the screen data inverted too. that is to be able to flip the settings and other settings. does that make sense?

Attached Images

Last edited by mikeSF; 12-29-2015 at 10:26 AM.
12-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #20

Id love an adjustable RAW file size, theres times where I need to shoot RAW, but dont need the gigantic file size, something like the Canon sRAW, allowing me to choose a 51MP, 36MP or 21MP RAW.

Id also love focus bracketing (like on my EM5II), and as someone stated before the EM5II Live Bulb View.
12-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #21

Make the firmware upgrade easier

The instructions for upgrading the 645Z firmware under the Mac OS make no mention of the Fwdc224.bin.cpgz file which must be opened to form the Fwdc224.bin file which is required for the upgrade process
12-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #22

I would like them to add the ability to navigate live view faster when it's at 16x zoom. Scrolling around the image is slow, how about putting larger steps on one of the scroll wheels or some toggle ? Would be nice to be able to check the centre, corner and bottom of the frame with minimal scroll time.

12-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #23
Pentaxian

That reminds me, I am still on 1.20!
12-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fotophil Quote
The instructions for upgrading the 645Z firmware under the Mac OS make no mention of the Fwdc224.bin.cpgz file which must be opened to form the Fwdc224.bin file which is required for the upgrade process
I just upgraded my firmware yesterday and had the same issue. The mistake I made was that I double-clicked on the bin file and decompressed it, and then I placed the cpgz file on the memory card. And so when I turned on the camera and pressed Menu at the same time, nothing happened.

You need to place the bin file on the memory card and then it will work.
12-29-2015, 10:29 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by larkis Quote
I would like them to add the ability to navigate live view faster when it's at 16x zoom. Scrolling around the image is slow, how about putting larger steps on one of the scroll wheels or some toggle ? Would be nice to be able to check the centre, corner and bottom of the frame with minimal scroll time.
I too am way too impatient for watch that cursor step slowly across the screen for a periphery focus check. I did find that using the rear dial to zoom out one click allows coarse movement of the cursor and then when you get close, you can zoom back in for fine adjustment. You may already be doing that, but I have found that to be a reasonable way to get around quicker.

---------- Post added 12-29-2015 at 09:37 AM ----------

OK, another request I have is to allow MIRROR UP to work with BRACKETING. I was shooting timed wave crashes at the beach using the MIRROR UP dial. I switched on bracketing for a 0 & -1.7eV double shot to control my sky and was disappointed to find the camera disables M.UP. Why?

A workaround I guess might be to turn on Live View and shoot from that the entire time, but I prefer all displays off when I am shooting.

Ricoh, can you please fix this one? Thanks!