Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seanjmc Quote
Been using Alex's Capture Fix, works well....Just upgraded to C1 9 and it works well, worked well with C1 8 also...I'm surprised that you can see lens and shutter info in the Capture One module..there is about a four second delay between shutter release and showing up in the viewer, wish it was half of that, it's very fast with Phase and canons....
Hi Sean,
does that mean you tether with C1 ???
cheers
Z

12-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
Hi Sean,
does that mean you tether with C1 ???
cheers
Z
tether to the Pentax Image transmitter software, have it dump to a folder that Alex's program pulls files from to 'fix' then transfer them to a Capture folder or whatever and then they show up in C1...takes about four seconds from shutter release to full resolved preview in the C1 viewer...Just shot a job with it yesterday....
12-21-2015, 01:48 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Can anyone recommend a method for the 645D? I'm using Capture One 8.1 - Thank you
01-28-2016, 04:14 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
thanks Gavin, got it to work, finally...
Z
if folder of DNG's was in a folder called "pentax" on my main hard drive called "machd1"

would I write in terminal on a mac:

exiftool -Model=IQ250 -Make="Phase One A/S" -overwrite_original $:machd1/pentax

with spaces and $ etc?
I am just confused how to exactly write a "path" in terminal on a mac

03-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #20

How are your colors looking with 645z files in Capture One? I'm considering buying a 645z. I have shot a few raws in the camera store and have been playing around with the files.
I love Capture One, used it for years. I have tried Alex Munoz' CaptureFix program and have been able to work on the files in C1 9.03 and today 9.1. So far, Lightroom is delivering much better results.
I can get the files in C1 to look very similar...but something weird is happening. When zoomed out, colors look decent, but zoom into 80% or 100% and things suddenly go way off. The hairline and skintone block in a hard separation. Like orangey skin against a greenish hairline. I thought it was maybe something to do with the preview file, but I exported Tifs and yea...they look horrible in photoshop. Now, I did not shoot a color checker in the store, so I have no custom ICC profile. But, No amount of playing with sliders can really fix my issue. Are you guys getting good results after making profiles?

So far, if I buy the camera, looks like Lightroom is in my future. :/ The benefits of the 645z seem to outweigh the benefits of my favorite software.

I would just get a Phase, but the price is very ... Especially for the similar sensor (iq250) that would free up this camera from being strictly stuck in the studio.
03-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Irie Quote
How are your colors looking with 645z files in Capture One? I'm considering buying a 645z. I have shot a few raws in the camera store and have been playing around with the files.
I love Capture One, used it for years. I have tried Alex Munoz' CaptureFix program and have been able to work on the files in C1 9.03 and today 9.1. So far, Lightroom is delivering much better results.
I can get the files in C1 to look very similar...but something weird is happening. When zoomed out, colors look decent, but zoom into 80% or 100% and things suddenly go way off. The hairline and skintone block in a hard separation. Like orangey skin against a greenish hairline. I thought it was maybe something to do with the preview file, but I exported Tifs and yea...they look horrible in photoshop. Now, I did not shoot a color checker in the store, so I have no custom ICC profile. But, No amount of playing with sliders can really fix my issue. Are you guys getting good results after making profiles?

So far, if I buy the camera, looks like Lightroom is in my future. :/ The benefits of the 645z seem to outweigh the benefits of my favorite software.

I would just get a Phase, but the price is very ... Especially for the similar sensor (iq250) that would free up this camera from being strictly stuck in the studio.
I actually found the colours quite decent in C1 - what surprised me was for whatever reason the C1 file would import natively a lot brighter than the same file in LR - I haven't looked properly into it though.

Though I like C1- I'm a bit tethered to lightroom as I've build up a lot of customised presets based off film presets since I got the 645 and depend on that stuff a lot.
03-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #22

This is why I finally gave up and returned to Lightroom. Soooooo much easier and color looks good from get go . . . Even modifying exit I kept getting weirdness.
I love CO - but I will only use it for my old p30+ I guess. And recently, that has been almost. . . well let's see. . . Never.

QuoteOriginally posted by Irie Quote

03-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #23

I'm not seeing problems in C1 when I zoom in and in the exported files....I did myself a custom file with the X-rite as a basis, tweaking things manually in Advanced Color Editor and making a profile in there....I shoot in NYC commercial world and am also a digital tech, so Capture One is widely used, so going to stick with it....

03-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #24

Ok, I figured out what I did wrong. The first time I tested out the camera briefly at Sammy's, I was unknowingly shooting .PEF. So I converted those to .DNG and then ran them through Capture Fix and then into C1. So, basically there was two raw conversions going on and this messed up my colors. I tested the 645z a second time with .DNG out of camera and I am having no problem getting colors where I want them in C1!
12-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #25

I have downloaded and changed the target info in the properties panel. This icon is on the desktop. When I grab a file and place it on top of this shortcut icon it does nothing too it apart from put it back on the desk top but none of the data has been changed. what am i doing wrong. i'm using windows 10. cheers.