Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

Uploaded Images Rotated upside down on 645z

All of a sudden all my images when uploaded are being rendered upside down. There seem to be two menu related items related to auto image rotation (which I hadnt altered) Rotate in Playback and Save Orientation Info in the Custom menu. Its a simple binary 2x2 table, tried all the combinations and no matter what I do I cant get the images to load with the proper orientation.

If turn off the playback option and enable 1 sec preview the initial image displays correctly, but when I hit the playback to review it, its now flipped upside down. If I shut the custom menu option off, then I get horizontal correctly, but as you'd expect vertically oriented shots require rotation so I have to do them manually after upload. When the custom option is turned on, all the horizontal shots come in flipped upside down and while the verticals get oriented correctly they too are rendered upside down. At least like this I can bulk rotate everything, so while its supremely annoying at least I can work around it in a couple of clicks. Its pretty clear that the problem is in the Raw file, not LR as if I send it off to Iridient, it too renders things flipped.

I'm starting to worry that some sensor has failed, but I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious. Anyone seen this problem before, suggestions?

12-14-2015, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Easy, go to camera menu 1, image capture settings and uncheck the 180 rotation info box.
12-15-2015, 02:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I had to do a full reset to fix that myself.
12-15-2015, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Easy, go to camera menu 1, image capture settings and uncheck the 180 rotation info box.
Wow...thanks, that did the trick! Hadnt remembered there were settings under that item. Very weird that this somehow got set... not sure how though I just did the firmware update. Perhaps that somehow was involved. Regardless, thanks!!!

12-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tailwagger Quote
Wow...thanks, that did the trick! Hadnt remembered there were settings under that item. Very weird that this somehow got set... not sure how though I just did the firmware update. Perhaps that somehow was involved. Regardless, thanks!!!

I remember thinking that the box ticked meant that it would put things the right way up when I rushed through the setup in typically masculine style. Very quickly found out that was not the case, then read the manual and found that it was not the case. There's a moral there somewhere, but I doubt I'll learn from this tale for the next electronic device I obtain. I will blindly set all sorts of things to how I imagine they should be and then read the manual once I am proven clearly wrong. It may be genetic.
12-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter

i only knew that because i inverted my camera on the tripod to shoot some macros on the ground, and was then looking to flip the image and I got it going more by accident.
12-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
i only knew that because i inverted my camera on the tripod to shoot some macros on the ground, and was then looking to flip the image and I got it going more by accident.
Ha! Serendipity Mike.