Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #16
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
How big is a square file in centimeters/inches with 360ppi of resolution, from the Pentax 645z sensor?
Any link to a RAW Pentax 645Z file so I can make a test; please?
Thank you very much.

12-28-2015, 04:30 AM   #17
Site Supporter
gavincato's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 247
QuoteOriginally posted by Pansottin Quote
Did you have the chance to compare both?
My Canon 100mm macro is the "L" version.
Yes, I've owned pretty much every canon lenses except the tilt shifts.
12-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #18
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
Thank you Gavin Cato (nice article about your quest for the Contax 645+Zeiss 80mm f/2 .-)

So in your opinion Pentax macro glass will make me forget my Canon macro glass (not the very special MP-E 65mm)?
You meant which lens; A or FA series)?
SMC Pentax-A 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
or
SMC Pentax-FA 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Those are affordable lens. One manual and the other with auto focus like the Canon 100mm L.

Theres also this modern D-FA, with AF, modern coating and stabilization (like the Canon 100mm L) but the price is like a Zeiss Otus... .-(
HD Pentax-D FA 645 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
12-28-2015, 06:08 AM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,580
If you want 1:1 you will need the 120. The 90 is only 1:2 macro I believe... The 120 is very sharp. I had the 100L with my 5DIII. In my view the 120 is every bit as sharp.

12-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #20
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
If you want 1:1 you will need the 120. The 90 is only 1:2 macro I believe... The 120 is very sharp. I had the 100L with my 5DIII. In my view the 120 is every bit as sharp.
Thank you for your opinion. Yes I want at least one piece of glass that do 1:1.
The Canon 100mm L macro f/2.8 is my most versatile lens (macro, portrait, landscape, etc).
If I move to Pentax I need something like that. And a standard lens. I van happily work with just two lens for years; a macro and something between 35mm and 50mm (speaking of FF 35mm)-
The very special macro MP-E 65mm; I can use it with a Canon or Sony FF body (not a state of the art body but with a decent sensor, because its a manual only lens).
12-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #21
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,580
QuoteOriginally posted by Pansottin Quote
Thank you for your opinion. Yes I want at least one piece of glass that do 1:1.
The Canon 100mm L macro f/2.8 is my most versatile lens (macro, portrait, landscape, etc).
If I move to Pentax I need something like that. And a standard lens. I van happily work with just two lens for years; a macro and something between 35mm and 50mm (speaking of FF 35mm)-
The very special macro MP-E 65mm; I can use it with a Canon or Sony FF body (not a state of the art body but with a decent sensor, because its a manual only lens).
The 120 won't be too far off the 100mm FOV that you currently have. So the 1:1 position will be very similar to what you are currently used to.
12-28-2015, 08:30 AM   #22
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
Which one?
SMC Pentax-A 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
or
SMC Pentax-FA 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/310494-moving-can...#ixzz3vd6ekwNG

Do you own or use any?
12-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,580
QuoteOriginally posted by Pansottin Quote
Which one?
SMC Pentax-A 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
or
SMC Pentax-FA 645 120mm F4 Macro Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/310494-moving-can...#ixzz3vd6ekwNG

Do you own or use any?
I have the autofocus (FA) one. Others have the Manual focus (A). Apparently the optical formula is the same...

12-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I have the autofocus (FA) one. Others have the Manual focus (A). Apparently the optical formula is the same...
Do you have results/work online? Would love to see.
12-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,580
QuoteOriginally posted by Pansottin Quote
Do you have results/work online? Would love to see.
I don't do a lot of Macro. Most of what I shoot in wide angle landscape. Haven't used the lens for a while - will have a look though
12-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #26
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I don't do a lot of Macro. Most of what I shoot in wide angle landscape. Haven't used the lens for a while - will have a look though
Thanks .-)
12-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #27
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,580
Most are with the 645D a few years ago -

















---------- Post added 12-28-15 at 09:30 AM ----------

With the Z last year -





12-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #28
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Most are with the 645D a few years ago -

















---------- Post added 12-28-15 at 09:30 AM ----------

With the Z last year -





Thank you so much. Nice quality.

---------- Post added 12-28-15 at 09:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pansottin Quote
Thank you so much. Nice quality.
I visited your Flickr (nice wide vistas) and you´re are using at least 3 cameras. Nikon (36mpx)FF, Sony (42mpx)FF and Pentax (51mpx)MF. Even with almost the same amount of megapixels today, do you feel that the MF results are better (all Sony sensors ,-)?
MF produces a "look"; an edge? Your opinion is important because you´re using both FF/MF.
I´m not considering the Canon 5DsR (50mpx) for my upgrade because the DR is known to be inferior.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, 645d, 645z, artifacts, camera, cameras, canon, dr, ergonomics, flickr, lens, macro, medium, medium format, menu, mf, pentax, pentax cameras, pm, post, print, prints, quality, reviews, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts after moving from Nikon to Pentax MrPhil Pentax Medium Format 11 05-27-2014 08:23 AM
Moving to Pentax from Canon 5D MKII Franky2step Welcomes and Introductions 6 08-04-2011 11:04 PM
Need Help on Moving up from a Canon EOS 10D to Pentax User01 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 21 06-16-2011 01:04 AM
Moving from Canon to K5 Jim Olson Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 01-07-2011 06:05 AM
New to Pentax from the Canon Camp Pentax equivalent to Canon 70-200mm f/4 L frank2001 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 53 12-23-2009 05:07 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top