Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #16
Site Supporter

This works well for my P6x7 kit:

ikan Trekker Lens Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Phil.

12-31-2015, 08:02 PM   #17

Another +1 for F-stop Gear bags. Their ICU system is great for hauling around various sized kits. I used to try and find that one perfect bag, but after several failures for various reasons, I found F-Stop's ICU system. Their larger bags all have internal frames, and all the adjustments you could need for long hikes carrying lots of gear. My typical wildlife/landscape/hiking gear combo easily goes 25lbs+. What's great about the bags, is they are designed for time out on the trails, so even for trekking around the zoo or NYC, you're never not comfortable. A few previous posters have mentioned them working for tall folks; I can't talk to that as I'm 5'4" but I can tell you that everything from the Kenti to the Satori EXP works on my frame.

I own several of their bags, after the failures I alluded to, it's all about the right tool for the right job for me, and it's nice to be able to customize what I carry based on the day. Depending on what I'm doing that day I just grab the appropriate gear, an ICU and whichever bag is needed. Mountaineering might mean the small ICU but the large Satori EXP to hold all the extra gear required, and the bags don't let you down. I can just as easily grab the Kenti and my Canon FF+100-400 for a sole wildlife trek (the Kenti *might* be too small for a 645 system, I've never taken it as I shoot the 645 N and film is usually running in parallel to a digital setup.

Unfortunately, bags are going to be one of those things that if you don't have a store to try them on with your gear inside, it's kind of a craps shoot. Also expensive. Good luck.