Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2015, 05:41 AM   #1

Anyone using Eye-Fi or Flucard on 645Z?

Hi, I am a new 645Z owner and I was hoping to learn from others that may own an Eye-Fi or Flucard.

Pros/Cons of each choice?

If Eye-Fi is the better choice, which version of that card is best?

Thanks!

12-30-2015, 05:57 AM   #2

I have both cards, but I have not used them in my 645Z, only use is in my K3. I don't really care for the either card, and the Eye-Fi case came apart and the write protect switch fell out. I found their software to be a nuisance when the auto transfer feature was on.
The FluCard beeps (I don't need anymore devices beeping) when you turn on the camera power and its construction seems better. After using both, I find the utility of both cards not very interesting.
The Eye-Fi card I have is the Pro X2.
Good luck making the decision
12-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by analog65 Quote
Hi, I am a new 645Z owner and I was hoping to learn from others that may own an Eye-Fi or Flucard.

Pros/Cons of each choice?

If Eye-Fi is the better choice, which version of that card is best?

Thanks!
The flucard is the only one that lets you control the camera remotely, but I'd probably opt for wired tethering since it's faster and more reliable.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Only con is the annoying beep on start up, and maybe the size, wish it was larger. Otherwise easy to setup once you figure it out and works well using with my macbook pro and my iphone 6s. Perfect for setting up for shots on a 17 foot stand when theres no way to climb up to the height to line up the shot. Its easy to use, but if your using it to review your shots, choose the 3MP low quailty option in Raw+Jpeg, otherwise the transfer time is a little long. But like the Adam said, if you can, using tethered, it is much much faster and you can transfer RAW or Large Jpegs faster. (and look to ebay if you get one as they go for $30-60 there).

07-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
KGH
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought the FlashAir instead of Eyefi. I used it with the 645D for church directories. I had camera in another room, but had to leave both doors open to keep signal going. Also, if it times out, it takes a few minutes to pair again. It is better than shuttling cards back and forth to be able to show the portraits immediately after the session while the next family is being photographed.