Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #31

That iMac you have is a pretty good deal compared to the very high end Eizo 31" 4k and its a complete package 5k and all.

01-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very, very few photographers in professional practice actually pay cash hands down for these big systems. It is not an economical or rational use of almost 50G. More commonly they and other systems are acquired under commercial lease arrangements (like cars, and a lot of other studio equipment) to provide for tax advantages and easy upgrading/replacement as and when required or desired. The photographer must of course have the proven financial means to go through with the lease and the repayments — all the more challenging if one has a mortgage and family to look after. Advertising agencies are one area where commercial leasing of mega-expensive photographic equipment systems are very common. For the rest. day dreaming will just have to do.
01-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Apparently, Fuji are having a look at the possibility of MF digital. Now that would make things very interesting...

http://www.fujirumors.com/fuji-manager-t-ueno-we-are-in-a-very-good-position...plans-for-now/
01-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Apparently, Fuji are having a look at the possibility of MF digital. Now that would make things very interesting...

Fuji Manager T. Ueno: “We are in a Very Good Position to make a Medium Format Camera… but no Plans for now!” | Fuji Rumors

It is getting even more interesting. I wonder what sensor is considered now...
Fujifilm Will Launch a Medium Format Camera (Top Trusted Japanese Source) :: New Source says it will be presented Photokina! | Fuji Rumors