Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
These LS lenses are pretty much impossible to find, sadly...
No, not really. One must be very persistent, however. It has to be a daily priority to check the likely places where they may be offered for sale. I found both of mine within 6 months right here....It probably has gotten a little bit more difficult, now that the Z has gotten so popular (and it seems the D as well, and interestingly it looks to me like sales of the 645 film cameras have heated up...). But a 75LS was recently for sale here, I think within the last month or 6 weeks....

Last edited by texandrews; 01-24-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: additions
01-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
No, not really. One must be very persistent, however. It has to be a daily priority to check the likely places where they may be offered for sale. I found both of mine within 6 months right here....It probably has gotten a little bit more difficult, now that the Z has gotten so popular (and it seems the D as well, and interestingly it looks to me like sales of the 645 film cameras have heated up...). But a 75LS was recently for sale here, I think within the last month or 6 weeks....
I have been looking for a couple of months now, but on and off and not nearly as persistently as you suggest. It's not easy to do so with such persistency for me, my schedule makes it a bit difficult but I'll keep looking and hoping As you said, lately it started to become difficult to find Pentax 645 lenses in general, and film bodies as well - I think the digital 645 rekindled interest in the whole system, which is certainly good for us all in the mid-to-long term (Pentax will be motivated to commit), but makes it a bit difficult to find the bargains we were used to only one or two years back...
01-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #18

Well, I was looking for a second 75mm some weeks ago. I already had the 75 FA. A second one would have cost about 400$ inlcuding shipping and taxes, when oderign in Japan. 2nd hand off course.
So I was first looking for an ordinary 75 A. But than I saw the 75mm LS, here in Europe, for about 250$, brand new. Well, that was an easy decision. Was a shop in Germany. Sometimes yu really find such things on Ebay.
01-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by donesteban Quote
.... But than I saw the 75mm LS, here in Europe, for about 250$, brand new. Well, that was an easy decision. Was a shop in Germany. Sometimes yu really find such things on Ebay.
Ummmm...., wow. That is a superb deal, truly, if it is brand new. Amazing.

01-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #20
KGH

Photos: Gallery
Maybe I lucked into mine. Only paid $130 for it, works good.
01-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I had one up for sale that lingered for a long time and eventually sold. I still have a 75mm LS and a couple of 645 135mm LS lenses.
They are out there and lately seem to be popping up and then selling very quickly. Prices do seem to be going up, but given the scarcity it is hard to gauge with the LS lenses.
01-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Well I'm hoping to "luck into" one for a good price. Preferably a 135.
01-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Well I'm hoping to "luck into" one for a good price. Preferably a 135.
So, uhhhh, watcha waitin' for? Yuri's your man--I've bought stuff from him and met him---he's a good guy and I vouch for him, although since I'm a dastardly fellow maybe that doesn't mean much....

An how 'bout dem triggah's, yo? Need to know! You feel me? (I'm from Baltimore. Watch The Wire if you are scratching your head now...)

01-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Lol, the bank account is a little lean ATM but I think he is saying he sold what he had, right?

As for the Acon triggers, were you just looking for real world examples? They certainly can work with the D and Metz 58 AF-2. What more do you want to know? I'll probably get the most use out of them for mountain bike races but those are a few months out yet. There's a snow bike race this weekend but the winter shadows aren't as hard to work with as the summer ones and it may not be practical to try and run a flash off camera. I'll have the gear along in the car in case I change my mind.

I haven't been to Baltimore or seen the show but I can imagine the sort of character you are projecting.
01-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Lol, the bank account is a little lean ATM but I think he is saying he sold what he had, right?
He says in his post he still has stuff...I'd jump on it if you can. Talk to him, he's a really good guy.

QuoteQuote:
As for the Acon triggers, were you just looking for real world examples? They certainly can work with the D and Metz 58 AF-2. What more do you want to know? I'll probably get the most use out of them for mountain bike races but those are a few months out yet. There's a snow bike race this weekend but the winter shadows aren't as hard to work with as the summer ones and it may not be practical to try and run a flash off camera. I'll have the gear along in the car in case I change my mind.
Oh, ok, I thought you were still testing. How fast can you shoot with them? And what's up with the specific turn-on sequence?

QuoteQuote:
I haven't been to Baltimore or seen the show but I can imagine the sort of character you are projecting.
unless you are off TV, this is one of the must sees. My mom was a TV pioneer, and we had the tv on all the time at my house---she still does that. It really turned me off. And a lot of things people said were terrific I thought were pretty ho-hum to bad. But right now is truly a golden age of TV. The serial form has finally found its true place after books. There is so much really excellent stuff out there to watch---superb writing, acting, production values, directing, cinematography--you really owe it to yourself to see it. The Wire is classic, but also way harsh---it pulls no punches. And, yes, it really is Baltimore.

As far as the snow goes....typical Baltimore. So much snow at once that it completely overwhelms, then 2 days later it's 47 degrees. Sigh. I see your photos and just pine for some real winter that lasts and is something that can be worked with over time. We have the worst of all possible worlds....

My x-c skis were too narrow to cope with a 30" dump, and because the roads were so impassable I couldn't get to any of the local alpine areas either. Going to have to scope out some bigger boards--although we only get these things every 5-7 years, or some snowshoes on discount after the season is over.
01-26-2016, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

There are a lot of nice options for slightly wider XC gear these days. Something with scales and edges is fun for just messing around and gives some control on downhills.

I don't hate TV but we cut the cord a long time ago and just watch specific streaming content for the most part. I'm usually just spending my time on other things.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 01-26-16 at 10:02 PM ----------

oops, wrong thread!

Last edited by mattb123; 01-26-2016 at 10:25 PM.
01-26-2016, 10:07 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Lovely shots Matt - especially the last two
02-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #28

Actually not so hard to find these lenses. I have purchased both the 135 and the 75 on eBay in the last month or so. Both were at reasonable prices and in great condition and they work flawlessly on the 645z. Many sellers now use Buy It Now, so yo need to search a few times a day and grab the lenses when they come up.
02-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #29
Veteran Member

hi i have both. i sell both.