Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2016, 10:58 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
To clarify I did not say that all Italians are the same. Just that I had received that as a passive aggressive response.

Do I think that the current way with the thread is the best way?

I'm not sure. In a way it works quite well because it is quite informal and that is one of the things I like about this forum. There are other forums where you can use a gallery forum section to showcase your work or invite feedback.

My issue is that you put in 4 threads over a very short period of time and when challenged politely you got defensive. You disrupted the forum culture without first checking if it was ok and considerate to other forum users.

Personally, had you put up a single thread and put my pictures of 645z in Scotland and put them all in there you might not have rocked the boat as much.
Besides all being sort of moot now (see your new thread / poll), if you had read my reasoning for not putting my photos up in the famous thread, you'd understand why I don't like to put many images in a single thread. It is not the way I think photographs should be looked at, critiqued, and appreciated. I prefer to have a single image up at a time, unless it is a reportage or a unitary project of sorts, where multiple images are needed to get a message across or where they do reinforce each other's message or the like.

Defensive? I don't think so. I explained, amply and with very good reasons, why I do things a certain way. Disrupted the forum's culture? Now you are getting a bit dramatic, aren't you? Checking if it was ok? With who, you? I checked the rules, and threaded accordingly. End of story.

Anyway, if we all had given a look outside the MF forum, all this would not have been necessary So much time and energy, which we could have spent otherwise...

Always interesting to debate, though, keeps one's rhetoric skills sharp. Have a great evening, best

Vieri

01-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #32
Pentaxian

You too. My post crossed with yours on the other as I was out shooting awaiting a long exposure for 18 mins then having a Homer Simpson D'oh moment as I had left my ND filter in place which 40 mins after sunset was no longer necessary.

No ill feelings on my part. Buona Sera!

Oh and your English is far better than my Italian I got quite advanced at one point but the congiuntivi defeated me!