Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #46

Phase One and Leaf-Mamiya Official User to User Forum ? View topic - Pentax 645Z DNG

I thought this was interesting tidbit from the Phase One support forums per a sit admin there.....

We have always been clear in this regard, since the very first Capture One software.

We do support a vast range of small and micro format cameras.
With medium format we only support our own "Team Phase One" * camera solutions.

We have never misled anyone in this regard.
We have never changed or revised this policy.
Nor should anyone expect it to change.

If you want to use Capture One in your medium format solution, then purchase a Phase One or Mamiya-Leaf solution.

This thread ends here.
Any new thread with the same topic will simply be deleted.

* "Team Phase One" includes: Phase One, Leaf and Mamiya.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One

02-12-2016, 03:03 PM - 1 Like   #47

I understand their viewpoint. I still disagree though.

But hey it's their toy and they can choose not to share it if they want.
02-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gavincato Quote
I understand their viewpoint. I still disagree though.

But hey it's their toy and they can choose not to share it if they want.
Me too.
02-12-2016, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
Phase One and Leaf-Mamiya Official User to User Forum ? View topic - Pentax 645Z DNG

I thought this was interesting tidbit from the Phase One support forums per a sit admin there.....

We have always been clear in this regard, since the very first Capture One software.

We do support a vast range of small and micro format cameras.
With medium format we only support our own "Team Phase One" * camera solutions.

We have never misled anyone in this regard.
We have never changed or revised this policy.
Nor should anyone expect it to change.

If you want to use Capture One in your medium format solution, then purchase a Phase One or Mamiya-Leaf solution.

This thread ends here.
Any new thread with the same topic will simply be deleted.

* "Team Phase One" includes: Phase One, Leaf and Mamiya.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Does this sound/read to anyone else like peevish defensiveness? Because it sure as heck (that's "heck" in the Dilbert sense...) seems so to me! Wow.

02-13-2016, 01:35 AM   #50

it translates to english like this: " you all you guys who can not afford a P1, we don't need you"
02-13-2016, 04:18 AM   #51

The recent interview of the Hasselblad CEO over at LuLa discussed the decision to close the Hasselblad system to third parties some years ago. In short, he thought it was a mistake.

Regardless Phase has made its position clear, so I went elsewhere. Not being able to use C1 gives me no easier way to transition to Phase MF cameras, so that option is closed (by Phase).

Last edited by TheDocAUS; 02-13-2016 at 04:55 AM.
02-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #52

Capture Fix for Pentax 645z

Hi everyone. Can You tell me, what is the problem to use Capture Fix from Alex Munoz to convert very quick DNG files from 645z to use them in C1? This is great and simple software (
)

Tomek

02-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #53

True, but C1 has been changed in the past to stop work arounds. A US Phase One dealer recently stated: "This "fix" is actually a metadata hack and could cause unforeseen issues downstream or stop working in future versions of Capture One"

In other words Phase may block it again. Better to use another product in my opinion.
02-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I am no longer concerned about Phase and C1. I have since invested a significant amount of time and done a detailed editing and printing workshop and now have my skillset honed for Photoshop, Lightroom and NIK software. No longer need to worry about C1 software.

What I know I now can achieve with PS, LR and NIK far exceeds C1. Happy camper I am now.
02-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
What I know I now can achieve with PS, LR and NIK far exceeds C1.
I have been on a similar journey, but LR, PS (esp Luminescence masking) and ON1.
02-14-2016, 09:12 AM   #56

Yes that's true but You don't have to update it very quick. Alex made a good job and his last update works perfectly with C1 9. But Of course it's a kind of risk but I think its worth of it.

QuoteOriginally posted by TheDocAUS Quote
True
, but C1 has been changed in the past to stop work arounds. A US Phase One dealer recently stated: "This "fix" is actually a metadata hack and could cause unforeseen issues downstream or stop working in future versions of Capture One"

In other words Phase may block it again. Better to use another product in my opinion.
02-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #57

forget about capture fix, that guy is just a big marketing machine. Did the whole process to receive his capturefix and color profiles. I never got the color profile and wrote him several emails, none was answered.(btw: Also what he writes about the priolite is pur lie. they just don't work like this. they may eventually work for some shots outside and you will need to post process them to get an even exposure. I spend a lot of money on them based on his review and they just don't work properly).

try dxo. it does a much better job. and it can be launched from LR to process the raws while using LR as the database. C1 database is not even near to LR in file management and DXO has proper color profiles, lense corrections and gives you really good files. So you get the best of both worlds and integration is seemless.
02-15-2016, 12:02 AM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by Toni999 Quote
forget about capture fix, that guy is just a big marketing machine. Did the whole process to receive his capturefix and color profiles. I never got the color profile and wrote him several emails, none was answered.(btw: Also what he writes about the priolite is pur lie. they just don't work like this. they may eventually work for some shots outside and you will need to post process them to get an even exposure. I spend a lot of money on them based on his review and they just don't work properly).

try dxo. it does a much better job. and it can be launched from LR to process the raws while using LR as the database. C1 database is not even near to LR in file management and DXO has proper color profiles, lense corrections and gives you really good files. So you get the best of both worlds and integration is seemless.
I'm using capture fix about 3 weeks all my DNG files has been converted and C1 9 works in my opinion perfectly. I compared few files dng LR & C1 and overall result is really ok. Capture fix is for free you don't have to pay for it. That's true that You can't make lens correction for example but You can make it later in PS as tiff file and back to C1 to finish Your raw process or stay at the end in PS. Do You really need color profiles during Your raw process?