Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2016, 04:51 AM   #16

Original Poster
Hi All,

So...I actually sorted out the issues I was having with the 645z video.
This certainly doesn't make it a viable tool for video like we've all known since its release - but the final product ain't half bad.
So just in case somebody comes across the same problems I had....heres the solution!

Good old Philip Bloom to the rescue - Quick Trick for De-Flickering Your Video Shots - The Beat: A Blog by PremiumBeat
This worked an absolute charm for the issues I was having. I'm not quite technically able enough to determine why...but duplicating the clip in the timeline, layering over the original and offsetting by one frame, then adding 50% opacity to the top layer - means the image isn't 'shaking' anymore and the 60fps is slowing down very nicely.
Also - adding 1.00 anti-flicker to each frame in the timeline is actually reducing some of the moire too.

Anyway - I'll be sticking to my Canon 5D for video and hopefully buying the Black Magic Ursa Mini sometime soon...but its nice to know that if you capture some sort of video on the 645z...you can output it at a quality thats not totally laughable!

Thanks for the input

Max