Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2016, 08:55 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EB645 Quote
I still have my Canon 5DSR which, coupled with the right lenses, can complement the 645Z's somewhat limited lens selection. I use Canon's 11-24 since the 645 system has no such option. I also really enjoy the Zeiss Otus lenses (85 for now, 28 is coming in a few days time... can't wait) which in my opinion gives me even greater detail than any of my 645 lenses can on my 645Z (DA28-45/4.5, DFA55/2.8, DFA90/2.8, Hasselblad110/2, FA300/4). Finally I enjoy Canon's 100-400II for its light weight, acceptable image quality and great hand-held stabilization. Last but not least, I love my 400/2.8II for its reach, astounding sharpness even wide open and delicious bokeh. Granted the 5DSR is not really that compact, however personally I am willing to put up with a little bulk for the incredible IQ the camera offers... At the end of the day it's a question of what kind of IQ you want, if you don't mind a significant decrease in IQ compared to the 645Z, then there are quite a few options out there that are very compact.
You have some serious gear my friend. Canon gives you more lens options than 645Z or even Pentax DSLR line. The only drawback for me would be learning two system menus and such. If you are comfortable with it, then it is a none issue. In my Canon days, I always bought two identical bodies so that in the heat of action (wedding photography), I did not have to fumble with menus from two different bodies.

---------- Post added 01-31-16 at 08:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Hello Scott,

I am using a K3 with a few lenses (Pentax 16-50, 60-250, Sigma 8-16, 10-20, plus a Pentax 50 f/1.2 manual focus), which has the added bonus of sharing all the same accessories, batteries, etc with the 645z making it much easier and lighter to travel with. As well, this way I share the same file format and basic processing, colours and so on are consistent enough, etc. I come from a Nikon D800E and Sigma SD1 Merrill before using Pentax, and Phase medium format before the Nikon - Sigma, and so far this setup is the best I have ever had as image quality and overall convenience / flexibility and so on. Overall, though no system is perfect, I am very happy with this solution, I think the K3 compliments the 645z very well. Best,

Vieri
Wait until you see the new Pentax FF. It is in the D810 class with better DR and lowlight performance. The SR takes the image quality a lot closer to the 645Z. If you like the k3II, then you will love the new FF. It is made to be a back camera and a perfect complement for 645Z owners.

01-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The answer is easy!

Sony A7 series. Why? do yourself a favor and get a tilt shift adapter! and hopefully your lens has aperture ring