Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2016, 11:34 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 503
Original Poster
Hello everybody,

Firstly, apologies for the tardiness on my part. My son is fine (thanks to everyone to asked after him - really appreciate it). I have now hit another challenge - not enough space on my Dropbox account to host that number of 645Z raws. Does anyone have somewhere I can upload the files so that everyone can access them?

Many thanks,

Ed

03-01-2016, 01:33 AM   #17
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 39
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Hello everybody,

Firstly, apologies for the tardiness on my part. My son is fine (thanks to everyone to asked after him - really appreciate it). I have now hit another challenge - not enough space on my Dropbox account to host that number of 645Z raws. Does anyone have somewhere I can upload the files so that everyone can access them?

Many thanks,

Ed
Hello Ed

Not sure if anyone has contacted you yet but how much room do you need?
I can free up 1gig in my DropBox and make a share folder for you to put them into if that is enough.
Send me a private message if so.

Cheers
03-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Can you post large jpgs on flickr for now? Personally I wouldn't need to go as far as to download the raws.
03-09-2016, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 503
Original Poster
Hello there,

So the amount of data equates to 33 x 645Z raw files (that is bracketed shots from three lenses at f4.5, f8 and f16 plus the same for f3.5 for the two lenses that open that wide).

I think it is over 2 gig as a result.

And I really want to do this with RAWs only because a) it gives people maximum info. to play with and b) it minimises processing done beforehand (which is a variable that could interfere with the conclusions).

If anyone has the capacity for that, I'd be more than happy to upload.

All the best,

Ed

03-10-2016, 10:38 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
gavincato's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 247
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Hello there,

So the amount of data equates to 33 x 645Z raw files (that is bracketed shots from three lenses at f4.5, f8 and f16 plus the same for f3.5 for the two lenses that open that wide).

I think it is over 2 gig as a result.

And I really want to do this with RAWs only because a) it gives people maximum info. to play with and b) it minimises processing done beforehand (which is a variable that could interfere with the conclusions).

If anyone has the capacity for that, I'd be more than happy to upload.

All the best,

Ed
sign up to "mega" - they give 50gb free
03-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #21
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20
QuoteOriginally posted by Sperdynamite Quote
Can you post large jpgs on flickr for now? Personally I wouldn't need to go as far as to download the raws.
Yeah, just actual-size JPEGs would be fine to evaluate overall quality.
03-13-2016, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,579
QuoteOriginally posted by skytomorrownow Quote
Yeah, just actual-size JPEGs would be fine to evaluate overall quality.
They might do but that involves processing. Why not simply download the raw files and process them yourself when ready? I think since people have gone out of their way to help us out we should be grateful for what we have
03-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 503
Original Poster
Quick update - that file transfer site is not working for me; I can't even register - keep getting an error message that states "could not open socket".

Hmmm...

Will look at getting the DropBox premium account with a larger size limit.

03-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #24
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lower Left Coast, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 255
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Quick update - that file transfer site is not working for me; I can't even register - keep getting an error message that states "could not open socket".

Hmmm...

Will look at getting the DropBox premium account with a larger size limit.
I may be able to help out with this, Ed. I've sent you a PM.
03-24-2016, 03:12 AM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 503
Original Poster
Hi Mike - I can see no PM there - would you mind trying again please?

Thanks,

Ed
03-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #26
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lower Left Coast, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 255
I resent the message Ed.
03-30-2016, 09:22 AM   #27
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,705
all this excitement waiting for the images was just too much for me - I went ahead and ordered the new DFA 35. Anybody need a super sharp A35? I had better not hang onto both.
Can't wait to see your comparisons!
03-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #28
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 130
Mike, I can't wait to see your comparisons! Hint, Hint.
03-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #29
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,705
QuoteOriginally posted by PhilRich Quote
Mike, I can't wait to see your comparisons! Hint, Hint.
hehe, message received loud and clear.
03-31-2016, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 623
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
all this excitement waiting for the images was just too much for me - I went ahead and ordered the new DFA 35. Anybody need a super sharp A35? I had better not hang onto both.
Can't wait to see your comparisons!
I think you will be fine Mike, the DFA35 tested well at Diglloyd and smoked the 28-45 zoom for even-ness across the frame, better contrast at apertures 3.5 to f9 and sharper out to the edges. He classed it as the best lens for the Pentax 645 system, along with the DFA 90mm.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, 645d, 645z, camera, curvature, detail, field, focus, images, infinity, lens, medium format, people, scene, shot, shots, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro Testing my K-3 with 35mm macro lens singh2005 Post Your Photos! 6 09-20-2015 11:49 AM
Walkaround Lens Options (FA 20-35mm) hoopsontoast Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 07-24-2014 04:28 PM
Testing old 35mm cameras! carlyn.warnock Pentax Film SLR Discussion 9 02-16-2012 05:35 PM
Tamron 18-200mm vs Pentax 18-35mm and other lens options jrhineberger Pentax K-r 9 11-12-2011 06:58 AM
35mm Autofocus:Affordable options? Jetsam1 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 03-16-2011 07:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top