Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TonyW Quote
Just a thank you from me for the work you have put into producing these. As a 645z newbie I am finding my way around and of course lens testing and comparisons very valuable particularly with a real subject - although I still like to see test charts as well .

Selecting a few of the files I see something a little strange when opening in ACR i.e. they are inverted, something I have never seen before (see attached). Well of course from each of our perspectives (You Australia and me UK) we are upside down and surprisingly neither of us has fallen of the world yet , so this is probably down to that and of course water circulating round the plug hole in opposite directions .

Obviously not a real problem but honestly this is how the images appears for me.
A clever Aussie joke, methinks.

04-12-2016, 03:11 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, that's it exactly Mike. A deliberate and extremely witty joke and not merely a dunderheaded blunder on my part...
04-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #63
Pentaxian

I received an update saying "order shipping soon"...this is getting exciting...ok, not really.

"Dear MikeSF,
Your Ricoh Imaging USA order, #XXXXXX, has shipped!
"

Last edited by mikeSF; 04-13-2016 at 06:38 AM.
04-14-2016, 05:50 AM   #64

I'm new to the Pentax system so please excuse my ignorance on this matter.

Is this new 35mm lens weather sealed like Pentax's other recent 645 offerings. If not I wonder why they didn't do it.

04-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dogs857 Quote
I'm new to the Pentax system so please excuse my ignorance on this matter.

Is this new 35mm lens weather sealed like Pentax's other recent 645 offerings. If not I wonder why they didn't do it.
no it is not a WR lens. That woulda been nice.
I pretty much treat all my lenses the same way, so it will likely get wet at times.
04-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd be more excited about it if it were WR as well. For now I'm pretty happy with the A but I'm following along to see what everyone's conclusions are.
04-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #67
Veteran Member

id swap mine out if it was wr

04-15-2016, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #68

Thanks Mike

I'm sure there is a reason they didn't WR that lens but it sure would have made it more attractive.
BTW I've been following your work for a while now, and it was you and Ed that convinced me to buy a 645D so I look forward to seeing how your new lens goes.
04-15-2016, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Mike

I'm sure there is a reason they didn't WR that lens but it sure would have made it more attractive.
BTW I've been following your work for a while now, and it was you and Ed that convinced me to buy a 645D so I look forward to seeing how your new lens goes.
Hope you're happy with your 645D purchase then! Quite a responsibility on our shoulders otherwise...
04-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #70
Forum Member

Guys,
would be great if somebody could comment on corner sharpness for the new lens compared to the A.
that's the one thing i am not happy with in my sample.
anyone ?

cheers
Z
04-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
Guys,
would be great if somebody could comment on corner sharpness for the new lens compared to the A.
anyone ?

cheers
Z
I will be doing a mini review of mine, which I am sending back. You are experiencing the same as I am with the DFA35.

I think there is some sample variation going on, because mine is not anywhere near the quality of the one that Diglloyd tested.
04-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Thanks Mike

... and it was you and Ed that convinced me to buy a 645D so I look forward to seeing how your new lens goes.
Hey don't try to drag me into it.

But seriously, thanks so much - i've gotten a few emails like that and really love to see others inspired by great tools.
Though I no longer have the 645D, the bulk of my work was shot with it and I have a great fondness for it.

Good luck and enjoy!

---------- Post added 04-15-2016 at 04:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
Guys,
anyone ?

cheers
Z
oh boy, can you share some samples?
My lens arrives Monday.
02-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
I will be doing a mini review of mine, which I am sending back. You are experiencing the same as I am with the DFA35.

I think there is some sample variation going on, because mine is not anywhere near the quality of the one that Diglloyd tested.

Did you get a replacement and write a review? TIA
02-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #74
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fototourist SHIH Quote
I reckon the aperture blades of the DFA 35 are of rounded type, so the aperture is near round. What about the aperture blades of the FA 35? Are they also of rounded type even though the aperture appears octagonal? Could any owner of the FA 35 confirm this? Thanks.
I don't believe Pentax started using rounded blades until the digital area, so the FA version had straight blades.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-06-2017, 02:02 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rfkiii Quote
Did you get a replacement and write a review? TIA
Actually no I did not. I got screwed by Australian Customs and although I returned it to B&H, I did not get my GST back and they were going to charge me another $250-$300 to bring another one in, so I gave up on it.

Ridiculous actually, because its $1599 US but in Aus here a local camera store has it for $3150 AU. Just robbery.