Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

Pentax 645 Repair

I'm thinking about buying a film Pentax 645, either the 645 or 645N plus some lenses but I'm wondering who repairs these cameras? I'm sure Pentax doesn't anymore because of the age and parts issues. There has be a couple of independent camera repair shops in the US that does basic to complex repairs and CLA of the 645 camera and lenses.

Do you have any suggestions of shops? Thank you in advance for you help!

Just a note in passing...I used to use a Pentax 645 professionally and my clients loved it. I think the reason is that they could actually see the chromes or contact sheets plus the quantity of enlargements was out of this world compared to 35mm.

02-04-2016, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vwbus1967 Quote
I'm thinking about buying a film Pentax 645, either the 645 or 645N plus some lenses but I'm wondering who repairs these cameras? I'm sure Pentax doesn't anymore because of the age and parts issues. There has be a couple of independent camera repair shops in the US that does basic to complex repairs and CLA of the 645 camera and lenses.

Do you have any suggestions of shops? Thank you in advance for you help!

Just a note in passing...I used to use a Pentax 645 professionally and my clients loved it. I think the reason is that they could actually see the chromes or contact sheets plus the quantity of enlargements was out of this world compared to 35mm.
Welcome to the forum!

Eric will repair the early 645 film cameras:

Pentax Camera Service

Phil.

PS Also check out this story on Eric:

Twenty Questions with Eric Hendrickson - Columns | PentaxForums.com
02-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
CDW
Veteran Member

The 645 film bodies are extremely reliable, so you're not likely to have many issues. That said, the cost of the bodies on the used market today is typically low. You probably could buy a replacement body for not much more than the cost of a repair.