Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2016, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Diglloyd reviews DFA35 and DA28-45

Currently only reviewed one scene for the DFA35 and his report is very promising.

In a nutshell, very good centre performance at f3.5 with some forward field curvature, with excellent results being ideal at F9 with no problems using F11-13 for more DOF. Larger apertures required for the most distant details in the upper corners to overcome the forward field curvature.

His first test scene had a large near-far range of DOF and it performed very well.

My view of this: I am happy with forward field curvature and the ability to overcome it with distant subjects by stopping down. This means I can get the very closest details in a landscape in focus, if the field curvature was the other way round it would be near impossible.

I am happy to report on this further for those who do not have a login. I would suggest that purchasing a login is worth it if buying a whole 645z kit, as its so cheap for that one section compared to the system price, and his reviews go into a lot of detail.

Scott

02-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Currently only reviewed one scene for the DFA35 and his report is very promising.

In a nutshell, very good centre performance at f3.5 with some forward field curvature, with excellent results being ideal at F9 with no problems using F11-13 for more DOF. Larger apertures required for the most distant details in the upper corners to overcome the forward field curvature.

His first test scene had a large near-far range of DOF and it performed very well.

My view of this: I am happy with forward field curvature and the ability to overcome it with distant subjects by stopping down. This means I can get the very closest details in a landscape in focus, if the field curvature was the other way round it would be near impossible.

I am happy to report on this further for those who do not have a login. I would suggest that purchasing a login is worth it if buying a whole 645z kit, as its so cheap for that one section compared to the system price, and his reviews go into a lot of detail.

Scott
Thank you Scott. Can you summarize what he says about his first test scene with the 28-45mm @ 28mm? The picture he posted from it looks quite good in terms of overall sharpness, but hard to fully discern without seeing the larger file.

Thanks,
Ross
02-09-2016, 03:50 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I will have a good read through the 28-45 review tomorrow and let you know.

As for the 35, he now said that when viewing close range shots and landscape shots focused at distance, it looks to be one of the best lenses for the 645Z, a perfect compliment for the DFA90.
02-09-2016, 04:54 AM   #4

I had exactly in mind to make a "light" combo DFA 35 + DFA 90mm, I think it would be nice. I have bought the DFA 35 last week-end, it is rather nice to handle. The few test shots look promising ! The 90mm is an exceptional lens, if the 35 comes on par with it, it would be a remarkable performance !