Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

645d Image Preview Hold

Hello Pentaxians.

I'm the proud new papa of a 645d. I realize it's a bit out of date, but this is my first foray into digital MF and the price seemed right.

On my small cameras there is usually something like a HOLD feature for image previews where after an exposure is taken the preview image stays up until the shutter is half-depressed. Is there some similar setting on the 645d?

I tried the Image Preview mode and this is partially what I want in that it holds the image until I'm ready for it to disappear, but not not what I want in that it's not a preview of an image I have on disk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I've never been a Pentaxian before, but guess I sure the hell am now.

02-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skytomorrownow Quote
Hello Pentaxians.

I'm the proud new papa of a 645d. I realize it's a bit out of date, but this is my first foray into digital MF and the price seemed right.

On my small cameras there is usually something like a HOLD feature for image previews where after an exposure is taken the preview image stays up until the shutter is half-depressed. Is there some similar setting on the 645d?

I tried the Image Preview mode and this is partially what I want in that it holds the image until I'm ready for it to disappear, but not not what I want in that it's not a preview of an image I have on disk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I've never been a Pentaxian before, but guess I sure the hell am now.
i don't know if there is , but you can choose the time an image is displayed...from 2 sec on with different step. it's in playback menu
02-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't think there's a hold button as you describe, but the play button is the one I use to accomplish the same thing but with a pause between the quick review and the persistent display of the image. It's not a fast camera so that pause with the hour glass seems kind of long when I'm out shooting!
Welcome!
02-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
i don't know if there is , but you can choose the time an image is displayed...from 2 sec on with different step. it's in playback menu
OK, thanks. I've upped it to five seconds.

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I don't think there's a hold button as you describe, but the play button is the one I use to accomplish the same thing but with a pause between the quick review and the persistent display of the image. It's not a fast camera so that pause with the hour glass seems kind of long when I'm out shooting!
Welcome!
I'm willing to slow down. I don't mind slow speed, but I want it the process flow nicely and not be too clunky so I'm doing some major 'button fiddling'. If the five seconds pause is to cumbersome, I'll try your no preview-manual play mode style.

I just love the sound of the exposure: thwack-whirr.

02-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skytomorrownow Quote
Hello Pentaxians.

O...
Although the D is not the "latest" model, there is nothing out of date about getting amazing images, and it certainly does deliver.
Welcome to our group!